What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 ROUND 8: Bluebags -V- Rabbitohs

Jesbass

First Grade
Hi all. I'm going to be out of town from the morning until Sunday afternoon/evening, so I see two possible things happening here:
1. A neutral referee steps in and marks this match.
2. The above doesn't happen, and I mark this match upon my return.

I'm more than happy to mark this match as long as the captains are happy to wait longer than they normally would.

Thanks, all! :thumn

woodyk2

First Grade
I spoke with my captain regarding the injury i sustained.....not the way i wanted to debut. Hopefully my captain wont impose a curfew.

Jesbass

First Grade
Hi folks. So sorry for the delay. The business has been crazily busy the last few days which is a good thing, but very time consuming. (I got 3 hours sleep last night.)

I was hoping to tackle this tonight, but I think it'd be much better for me to catch up on some sleep and do it on the morrow.

Hang in there - I hate mucking you around.

Monk

Referee
Yeh no beef on this side of the fence Jes, but i dunno about them Bluebags, they're a horrid bunch :p

Jesbass

First Grade
Hi captains. Please note the change of referee.
whistle-3216.gif

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Souths

Lambretta – Confusion Reigns – 743 words - 83

A well written piece (bar 1 small error) looking at some of the more baffling aspects of the game. Well written but lacked a finishing punch.

Byrne_rovelli_fan82 – Warriors Newest Superboot? – 748 words - 82
Article about the increasing goalkicking prowess of James Maloney. A good piece with a few small errors

Marshall_magic – INterCEPTION – 746 words - 87
Nicely written piece showing how the subconscious is always a few steps ahead of the conscious. Nice ending too!

Monk – One Eye – 734 words - 84
A good premise, linking a new take to an old idea the writer once had for an article. I must admit, the article didn’t actually make me think if I was a one eyed supporter, but that may be due to the fact that the author spent more time talking about the Dragons and themselves and not what typifies a one-eyed supporter. Still a solid concept and well written.

TOTAL - 336

Bluebags

Cliffhanger - Fat Footballer - 734 words - 85
Piece about Greg Inglis being fat. Makes a valid point too, asking how he hasn't managed to shed the off-season kilos. Nicely written.

Willow - The Sounds Of Silence - 750 words - 89
Great piece revealing that commentators don't actually enhance the viewing experience, they plainly get in the road of it and how we should be able to choose whether to listen to them or not. Superb!

AlwaysGreen - Little Big Man - 745 words - 87
A good look at the career thus far of Matt Bowen. Nicely written and a great piece about a great player.

Timmah - When's The Footy On? - 737 words - 87
A very valid and strong argument about the joke that is the NRL scheduling. Well written and constructed.

Rexxy - Life's Grand - 727 words - 90
I loved this piece! Magnificent piece about community, pride, pide and a squashed foot. It sounds all so disjointed here, but you wove it all together beautifully with your unique wit. Great work!

TOTAL - 438

Bluebags win 438 - 336

POTM - Rexxy (Bluebags)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks ref for stepping up and making the game possible.

Congrats Rexxy on the POTM and well done baggers on rallying at the 11th hour. Commiserations Souths, some great reads all round. :thumn

Cheers for marking it Madunit. Well done Bags, again showing why your the benchmark in this competition. All the best for the remainder of the season.