What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 ROUND 9: Titans v Bluebags

Jesbass

First Grade
There's a 24 hour delay in getting the marks done, folks. This is one of the few negatives about the business doing well over the weekend! :thumn

Titanic

First Grade
images

Titanic: Hey, Wills, do you think we can wait a little longer? The tide's gone out and I've finished reading Big League for the fourth time. Looks like the barman has buggered off too.
Willow: Don't worry, 'Nic, I've got the number for dial-a-coldie right here and I reckon we could probably just about fit in another one, or six.

Last edited:

Jesbass

First Grade
So I was going to get up at 4am AEST to mark the match, but then I realised I have a quiet day at work and the rest of the office is out, so with the Black Knight fending everyone off by biting them to death, this match will be marked before you go home today.

Huzzah!

Drew-Sta

Staff member
images

Titanic: Hey, Wills, do you think we can wait a little longer? The tide's gone out and I've finished reading Big League for the fourth time. Looks like the barman has buggered off too.
Willow: Don't worry, 'Nic, I've got the number for dial-a-coldie right here and I reckon we could probably just about fit in another one, or six.

:lol:

Jesbass

First Grade
@#$%@##$%!!!!!!!

I've just spent the better part of 3 hours marking this and my session timed out.

I am so sorry. I will re-mark it this evening.

:cry:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's unfortunate Jes. Frustrating for you.

Notepad => save. I don't leave home without it.

Jesbass

First Grade
wally grout = shout

Pulling a bit of Cockney on me, eh?

Well that ain't fair. I shall have to punish you by posting the marks. (They're the same marks as before, but I had to redo all of the comments and the narrative!) :crazy:

Jesbass

First Grade
Match Report:

The last match of Round 9 brought with it a match between two teams that have already tasted Premiership success, with the Gold Coast Titans hosting the Newtown Bluebags.

The home team suffered an injury from the kick off, when Titan Uranus took the first hitup and was knocked out cold, then stretchered from the field, with bgdc taking his place.

The home side lifted for their injured teammate, and tits&tans profited from a well placed offload, breaking the line and stepping the opposition fullback to score.

This was a fun piece. I'm a fan of acronyms, so that's a good start, and although I have no idea if this is loosely based on some form of reality regarding the Aboriginal people, this tale was believable within the realms of bureacracy! 89

Titans lead 89-0.

The home team's skipper Titanic was next, fending off two defenders and crashing through some weak defense to stretch their lead.

Wow. I don't even know where to start. This article made absolutely no sense, which is precisely why it was so brilliant. Very, very funny and almost addictive. A few grammatical errors held you back slightly, but it was otherwise fantastic. 92

Titans lead 181-0.

The home side had yet to show any ill effects from being down one player, but visiting captain Willow put an end to that when he struck back a few sets later with a try against the run of play.

This was a great insight into a piece of history that I knew very little about. Your style created great imagery and it was easy to imagine the events that you were describing. 91

Titans lead 181-91.

The Bluebags then suffered a casualty of their own, with gorilla crumpling into a heap after copping an accidental swinging arm. Cliffhanger came on as a replacement.

That didn't seem to stop Newtown's newfound momentum, however, with AlwaysGreen capitalising on poor marker defense from the home side to burrow over near the posts to tie up the scores.

This piece was done in a slightly different style, but one which perfectly suited the topic. I enjoyed the humour in this - great fun. 90

Titans and Bluebags are tied at 181-181.

The scores remained locked up until shortly before half time, when Amadean dived over out wide for the home side.

Wowsers...where did that come from? Half funny, half frightening - I never expected anything exegetical to sneak itself into Forum Sevens! 87

Titans lead 268-181.

The half time siren sounded shortly afterwards, and both teams headed to the changing rooms for their team talk.

HALF TIME: Titans lead the Bluebags 268-181.

The Bluebags were fired up as they came out, and they were first to score through Red Bear to take the narrowest of leads for the first time in the match.

This was a really insightful take on juniors. Your opinion was clear and you followed it through with a strong argument. One possible suggestion I've heard made is for NYC teams to have one or two players who are exempt from the normal age restrictions, with an U23 approach for those individuals. 89

Bluebags lead 270-268.

Newtown's lead was shortlived, however, because it was only a few more sets before Tittoolate struck back for the home side with a linebreak close to the try line.

I really enjoyed this tale of rugby league withdrawal. It was very conversational and provided a great insight into your situation. Thanks for sharing! 89

Titans lead 357-270.

The Titans pushed further ahead into what looked to be an unassailable lead when bgdc scored with just a few minutes remaining.

This was great fun - so much of my male mind was screaming "But that's not the point!" I actually thought this was a very strong piece masquerading as a lighter article, and something about the irreverance genuinely struck me. Thanks for a decidedly feminine perspective! 93

Titans lead 450-270.

Not willing to go down without a fight, Cliffhanger provided a consolation try in the corner for Newtown in the shadow of full time.

I can relate to this article. I was a Warriors season ticket holder who moved 250km out of town, and I retained my membership for the following two seasons. Thanks for providing an insight into who you are and what makes you tick with regards to the greates game of all. I thought it was decidedly mature, although Bill Shankly would beg to differ! 90

Titans lead 450-360.

The game ended as the conversion kick was made, the hard and physical encounter ending with the Titans on top.

FULL TIME: Titans defeat the Bluebags 440-348.

Score Sheet:

Gold Coast Titans:
tits&tans: 89
Titanic: 92
Amadean: 87
Tittoolate: 89
bgdc: 93

Newtown Bluebags:
Willow: 91
AlwaysGreen: 90
Red Bear: 89
Cliffhanger: 90

POTM: bgdc

Last edited:

Azkatro

First Grade
I can see you've worked very hard Jesbass, and I commend you - but just need to check a couple of things. First, is Willow's score 90 or 91? And would you agree that the final scores should be 450 to 360? Or, 359 perhaps!

Jesbass

First Grade
I can see you've worked very hard Jesbass, and I commend you - but just need to check a couple of things. First, is Willow's score 90 or 91? And would you agree that the final scores should be 450 to 360? Or, 359 perhaps!

My poor brain! :crazy:

Willow's score is 91.

The final scoreline is 450-360.