What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 STATE OF ORIGIN: Queensland -V- New South Wales

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
That's got to be left up to the officials unfortunately but I can definitely see Titanic POW which should be taken into consideration

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This is the match thread. If you wish to debate it then the right course is go through your captains and they in turn discuss it with the referee. The correct forum is the F7s managment forum or F7s HQ forum. Not the match thread.

griffo346

First Grade
The match is over now cant see wh they cant discuss here

the problem i see is that the referee/f7s boss never got back to the captains

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The match is over now cant see wh they cant discuss here
Because it is the match thread but you do what you like.

griffo346 said:
the problem i see is that the referee/f7s boss never got back to the captains
The referee had informed the captains in advance that he would be out of town. That doesn't mean we can change the rules in his absence.

joshie, with respect, if we started extending full time becuase players had 'writers block', then it would create a precedent that would cause issues throughout the season. Perhaps a read of the F7s rules will help (link). Cheers.

joshie

Live Update Team
joshie, with respect, if we started extending full time becuase players had 'writers block', then it would create a precedent that would cause issues throughout the season. Perhaps a read of the F7s rules will help (link). Cheers.

Writer block isn't excatly what was wrong with us, It was just a tight window! A week is not long enough to have 5 articles in and at the end of the year it really needs to be looked at, but out of respect of it being a rep game I thought possibly it would be benificial to the match. It never went through so players should not have followed by that time frame. I have seen this kind of thing happen in other matchs, but it was silly to think because the ref was out of town!

Please blues, PM me any arguments you have and I'll pm the right people!

And I am really sorry to the maroons and titanic.

Jesbass

First Grade
Hi all. I'm just popped home for a few minutes and it looked like I missed a good ol' dose of controversy!

I'll address this all when I have more time - likely tomorrow - but suffice to say, the full time whistle has blown and the match is over.

Jesbass

First Grade
Hi folks. Sorry for (yet another) delay. I've been given my own writing assignment with a deadline of today, so these results might not come out until tomorrow (Thursday).

I seem to be getting more busy every day.

Your patience is greatly appreciated. :thumn

Jesbass

First Grade
Well, better late than never, a somewhat inebriated referee takes to the field...

Match Report:

Queensland: 358

madunit
Laugh out loud funny! This definitely tickled my funny bone while at the same time highlighting the emotive but often irrational rantings of a particular coach. A few grammatical errors, (such as the ommission of an apostrophe here or there), impacted on your score. 91

Willow
An interesting and thought provoking opinion piece on the manner of the Storm slaray cap saga and the way in which it was handled. This was grammatically elegant and you remained focused on the topic at hand. 89

Azkatro
Ah, the good old days when Queensland were actual underdogs! This was a great narrative piece, and an example of sublime story telling. Well done. 92

Hallatia
A hard hitting piece on the merits of expansion, especially as it pertains to growing the game at grass roots level. I enjoyed your passion, especially that you used it to make a point, but not overpower my opinion. You made a couple of spelling and grammar errors hindered your score. 86

New South Wales: 349

joshie
I got a bit thrown off by this article, just slightly because I haven't seen Limitless, but mostly because it went from being a rugby league article but concluded with a philosophical statement that had nothing to do with sport. A few grammatical/structural issues held you back, too. The concept itself was very unique, though. 85

LeagueNut
A humorous piece of what a certain team may have had to do to claim victory. I enjoyed your narrative, and was easily able to picture the scene in my mind. 91

byrne_rovelli_fan82

A good piece about the merits of Australians playing for the Warriors. I agree, too. As an unashamed Warriors fan, I don't care if we sign Bubba Ho-Tep to make it happen! Keep an eye out for the very occasional spelling error - believe it or not, Luck's first name is spelt Micheal, not Michael. (His parents got it wrong when he was born!) 87

Cliffhanger
This was a good commentary on two different types of player, and with strong and specific examples in Gidley and Hayne. I particularly liked how you presented your opinion openly, by allowing the reader to make up their own mind at the end of the piece. I noted a few grammatical/structural errors. 86

Queensland defeat New South Wales 358-349
POTM: Azkatro

Referee's note: This match was a lot closer than the scores suggest. I think that Queensland were just too strong on the day, but both sides struggled with spelling and grammatical errors that - if fixed - had the potential to affect the end result.

Azkatro

First Grade
Thanks a lot referee. Commiserations to the Blues who put in a valiant effort. Can't wait to do it again next year and hopefully we can make it 5v5!