What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 AFL Preliminary Finals

AuckMel

Bench
Friday: Swans v Pies

Sat: Hawks v Crows

I'm expecting two contrasting games this weekend. 1 a shit fight and 1 a game which will end in a comfortable victory.

Tired legs or not, Collingwood have the wood on the Swans and I really don't see much changing on friday night. Swan, Penddlebury, Thomas, Beams, Jolly and co showed just what they were really capable of last week, while the backline, brilliantly lead by Reid, showed they'll more than cover the loss of Maxwell.

The only problem will be Dawes and how he pulls up. Wood isn't the answer and they may go with a small and leave Cloke free to dominate the forward line.

The Swans have some great players. Jack, Jetta and Goodes being among their very best, but they have a mental block when it comes to Collingwood and I see that as the big advantage.

Collingwood by 10

Saturday nights game is Hawthorn's to lose. They are the form team of the comp and have all guns blazing. Adelaide have been disappointing. They should have smashed the Dockers but couldn't.

I expect, Franklin, Hodge, Mitchell and co to have field day once the game settles down.

Hawthorn by 46

CyberKev

Staff member
Yes, I think both the Hawks and Pies will get up.

Strongly disagree about Hawthorn doing it easy though.

I don't think the Crows can win the premiership, but if they choose to play their GF this week, it'll be full on.

Adelaide is definitely going places, I'm just hoping we can arrest their development, albeit temporarily, on Saturday night.

andrew057

First Grade
Lets be real here. If Hawthorn are half serious theyll crush the Crows.

Sydney vs. Collingwood on the other hand should be a cracker. Cant pick it. Hoping the Pies get up.

AuckMel

Bench
That was a very flat performance. Just looked like everything had taken its toll.

I really hope whoever plays the Swans smashes them.

One Eyed Aussie

Juniors
Didn't see much of the Syd Coll match (was watching the league) but Syd seemed to be up by 20 points for most of the match so not as close as it might have been.

Can't see Hawthorn being beaten if they get through but I find it hard to get a line on Sydney's form.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Sydney are underrated each and every year. Every year since 07 we've been picked to drop out of the 8, it only happened once and we've been better every year since it happened.

We're good enough to have a chance against either but I'd love to see Adelaide come through with the massive upset here.

AuckMel

Bench
Gee. Had the right write ups, but for the wrong games.

Great effort by the Crows tonight they really put it to the Hawks who looked very shaky.

djst

Juniors
Well i thought the Hawks were a certainty,but after the Crows pushed them all the way,they did not look all that convincing,and appeared rattled under pressure.
Defintely has tightened for the Big one next week.

CyberKev

Staff member
Phew. That was too close for comfort.

I knew it wasn't going to be a canter. Hawthorn often struggle after a week off, and were extra sensitive to this game after last year. Hawthorn was a little off-colour, but were still at least 50 points better than the Crows in general play. Hopefully the polish will return this week.

GF week is always good value, even allowing for the fact that I'll have to strap on a vomit bag in preparation for the nauseatingly over the top pro-Swans drivel that the media will push hard with.

Looking forward to Saturday and hoping that the weather holds.