What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Dally M Awards Thread - live FOX 8:30pm

Who will win the Dally M in 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RWB

Bench
What would you call a player that attacks down one side of the field 3 in but defends in the middle of the field. Or the other way around.

Confused.

Although I think it's inevitably going to start happening with a number of positions, there's been signs.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Graham is one of the very few props who can turn a game when he comes on. How he isn't prop of the year or even nominated is beyond me.

cb4

First Grade
Didnt Sam Burgess poll better than both of them? And he was nominated as prop of the year

bottle

Coach
In other news - what about Brisbane getting all those Friday night FTA games?
Scandalous! How come no one ever complains about this?

Doga

Juniors
Weren't you part of the brigade earlier in the year calling for Michael Ennis to be dropped in place of Joel Romelo or Josh Reynolds? Good call champ!

Just ftr Graham>Kasiano easily

Ennis is a liability.

Not sure if I called for Romelo in his place. Anyone but

561641_10151210984450993_1233209667_n.jpg

Stinkler

Juniors
This.

If Woods played for us he would have won it, Kasiano isn't even the best prop in our squad let alone the NRL(Graham is). Don't get me wrong Kasiano has been invaluable this season but Graham has stepped up in every big game this season and did the hard yards for our backs.

EXACTLY what I said last night.
Graham and Tolman both add more to the team than Fat Sam!

parraeels2010

Juniors
Ben barba winning the dally M is a disgrace. To think future immortals like Johns and Hayne have won this award but now with barba winning it just makes a joke of the medal. Barba is just a good support player he Is not a superstar and will never play representive football unless he gets 1 game out of media hype like idris did.

It just a total disgrace and the medal will never be taken seriously again. I know I will never watch the award show again.

He Is just lucky none of the big name players had a good season (Marshall) or were out of the running because of injury or suspension like hayne,slater and inglis.

So he shouldn't be to Proud because he had no big names to complete with

Big Pete

Referee
The problem with basing positional awards on Dally M points is that a performance that would reward a player 3 points in one game, won't necessarily be credited as such because a team mate may get more recognition.

Tamou should have received the award.

jonno_knights

Juniors
I probably wouldnt be the only one who thinks Kasiano is the 3rd best prop on the bulldogs roster.

Obviously 99% of people would think Graham is better. But I'd only have Kasiano on par with Tolman at best. Big minute props, who do all the hard work should get much more recognition IMO.

GongPanther

Referee
Besides the other media judges,there are 5 Telegraph judges in the Dalley Messenger Awards which is far too many.

The Canterbury influence at the DT (and at Foxsports) is obvious when you look at the selection of Kasiano and Josh Morris.

We really need a awards night that will be a solid credit to the game and not a platform for a muck-raking tabloid newspaper.

Last edited:

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Ben barba winning the dally M is a disgrace. To think future immortals like Johns and Hayne have won this award but now with barba winning it just makes a joke of the medal. Barba is just a good support player he Is not a superstar and will never play representive football unless he gets 1 game out of media hype like idris did.

It just a total disgrace and the medal will never be taken seriously again. I know I will never watch the award show again.

He Is just lucky none of the big name players had a good season (Marshall) or were out of the running because of injury or suspension like hayne,slater and inglis.

You should try and watch an NRL game every now and again :sarcasm:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

Quiet night at the glory hole.

Your life sucks.