What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 fantasy football observations

abpanther

Staff member
Just a thread for general discussion throughout the season.

Some things I've noticed so far (can team fans confirm or elaborate):

- No workhorse try for Tolman, is the plan to give him reduced minutes

- No workhorse try for David Stagg but one for Dene Haletua, will this continue?

- Cameron Ciraldo and Ryan Hoffman look to have some value

- Luke Bailey also with no workhorse try, he may lose minutes this year

beads6

First Grade
I went for Hoffman, should play long minutes and is a try scorer. Halatau was a good pick up for the backline for his price.

Just a thread for general discussion throughout the season.

Some things I've noticed so far (can team fans confirm or elaborate):

- No workhorse try for Tolman, is the plan to give him reduced minutes

- No workhorse try for David Stagg but one for Dene Haletua, will this continue?

- Cameron Ciraldo and Ryan Hoffman look to have some value

- Luke Bailey also with no workhorse try, he may lose minutes this year

Stagg was like this last year, He'd play small minutes one week then play 80 the next. So it's no real suprise. For all we know he may of come off under injury pre-caution, He only played 35 minutes after all (I feel he will still be making 50 tackles some weeks).

It seems to me Halatau has taken over Andrew Ryan's portion of the workload, I think he'll keep making around 35-40 tackles a game

I wouldn't put much investment in Ciraldo, He had a couple of big games at Newcastle a couple of years ago, One of which he made 52 tackles then he was not seen or heard from barely since.

Hoffman I think will be around the Workhorse Try region every week but I doubt he will get it every week.

Luke Bailey I think your right about, He is another year older and there is plenty of workhorses in particular Luke Douglas coming off the bench looking to share minutes.

abpanther

Staff member
Also, with Gordon injured (broken leg, looks like the season) I would be snapping up Sandor Earl

Ausguy

Coach
there were some serious differences with Dreamteam this year...

its very hard to judge at the moment

Sameagle

Juniors
Kyle Stanley, didn't score overly well thursday night..do you think with a couple more weeks under his belt he'll improve?

jbl31649

Juniors
Kyle Stanley, didn't score overly well thursday night..do you think with a couple more weeks under his belt he'll improve?

I have him, but I'm going to boot him. He did not look comfortable at all under the high ball. Just can't afford the errors, think I'll go for a safer player.

aussies1st

Staff member
Sunday games were a nightmare for dominant forward tries.
On Stagg, good thing about him is he is a natural tackle maker so he can crank up the tackle count without the full 80, but Graham seems to have taken some tackles away from him.