What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Round One :: Rabbitohs v Ninjas

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hi all,

I see that I'm the ref. Two great sides so I'm looking forward to it.

I'll be reading and marking the articles in the next day or two. Thanks for your patience.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's a bit rich NT.

Match should be marked tonight, all things being equal.

Sorry if it seemed so mate. It's a bit rough getting into the routine, I know. Thanks though, looking forward to next round as well, should be a beauty. Does the Charity Shield exist in this competition?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's alright NT, but the routine is simply about getting it done. I can assure you that this match was always scheduled to be marked before the completion of the round. I know some people have gone MIA in the past and that's a bugger, but when it comes to the F7s, I don't forget. More than happy to expand on this by PM - the match thread is really not the appropriate place.

To the teams, thanks for your patience. Marking has begun. I'm in ref mode. :D Cheers. :thumn

Willow

Assistant Moderator
whistle_2.gif

South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Chuck Norris Texas Death Ninjas
Rugby League related: 35%
Originality: 30%
Grammar, punctuation, spelling, formatting: 20%
Do I like it? 10%
Research: 5%
Score: /100

SOUTH SYDNEY

eloquentEEL
WHATEVER THE WEATHER
Comments: A touching tale. The final years experienced by a passionate Man of Rugby League.
Words: 668

Bubbles
A Night (or Two) at the Theatre
Comments: Who said Rugby League fans were an uncultured lot? Brilliantly done.
Words: 747

Scott Gourley's Lovechild
Who would be a Referee?
Comments: Top shelf debut. The alternative and more rational view about refereeing. The author highlights a recent knee-jerk reaction from the NRL's referee boss.
Words: 750

Monk
In fair Homebush Bay, where we lay our scene.
Comments: A little cryptic but an excellent match day description for the next Souths v Easts Grand Final, presumably set to take place in the not too distant future. So well written that I felt like I was there.
Words: 749

Non Terminator
His Legacy
Comments: I agree with the sentiment that past greats are too easily forgotten. A couple of research and reference oversights but otherwise well written.

SOUTHS TOTAL: 440

-vs-

CNTDN

gUt
Untitled (Weird NRL Science)
Comments: Funny stuff from a different Dr C(K)arl. The player has something better than a fertile imagination.
Words: 740

joshie
Forum Sevens Gazette: A true account of the dark underpinnings of the Rugby League world, Issue #1
Comments: A clever lampooning of the tabloids. The F7s gets a mention... it's all sensationalist reporting I tell ya!
Words: 691

CobyDelaney
Don’t Tell Your Mother
Comments: Funny and very well written. The graphic description throughout made it a winner.
Words: 747

edabomb
The Big Play?
Comments: Indeed, the importance of that one play to set up the momentum. Commentators sometimes miss the point.
Words: 749

jamesgould
The Outsiders
Comments: Research and reasoning on why the eventual 2001 premiers got the better of their more fancied rivals.

NINJAS TOTAL: 440

FINAL SCORE: Souths 440 drew with Ninjas 440
POTM: Bubbles (Souths)

A match of very high quality and a great variety of subject matter.

Well played everyone! :thumn

joshie

Live Update Team
Well done everyone! At least none of us got onto the wrong foot this season!

Grand finalists maybe ;)

Bubbles

Juniors
Wow, I knew it would be a close one, but wow!! Congrats to the Ninjas, you guys are reigning premiers for a reason and will give it a good crack again this year! As for Souths, after a very tough year after which I almost decided to chuck it in, I am so proud and chuffed to be part of this new, resurrected team! Thanks Willow for the reffing and see you in Round 2, should be a cracker!!!

Monk

Referee
What a match! Thanks so much to Willow for the comments and marking, as well as the ninjas. We'll knock you guys over eventually!

To you souths guys, fantastic game! So proud of you all that I could cry. (manly tears, not girly ones).

edabomb

First Grade
Wow, what a result for Round 1. Congrats to both teams, always looked like it was going to be a tough one to split. Glad to retain the unbeaten run against the Rabbitohs for now though Monk ;-)

Thanks for the marking & feedback Willow.

gUt

Coach
Thanks ref, thanks Rabbits. Good hit out Ninjas, blew a few cobwebs out. Roll on round 2