What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Round three :: Panthers v Dragons

St George Dragons

Godz Illa - Footy Show Production Meeting
Word Count: 748 (0 given)
This article focused on, as the title suggests, a meeting with the big names behind the NRL Footy Show. The article focused on humour, which as a non-fan of the show (despite having been on there as a quiz contestant four years ago), is sometimes lost on me. Not entirely, but still it's completely unfair to penalise that, the important thing is that it flows well and has an enjoyable side to it.
Score: 84

Tanner Ave - 11 Of The Worst
Word Count: 734 (738 given)
I have to say, on the whole this is a risky idea. Your article is roughly 25% Rugby League based, but since it's comparing (by rank) to others, it fits. A bit of humour, and an interesting idea to base an article on (it's well thought out too), there isn't much solid content in there. As for the article itself, very enjoyable to read, a nicely written opinion piece. One thing to mention is you lost points for consistancy with team names (Wests Tigers, West coast FEVER etc). Always something to go on next time. PS, up the Mariners! ;)
Score: 83

Everlovin' Antichrist - Watch Out, We're Mad
Word Count: 736 (741 given)
Again, something you don't see too often, hitting the characteristics of the nutbags. Nice depth to each stand-out given. You've also obviously had a good think, using Tuuta over someone recently popular like Tallis (again, crazy eyes), and the article itself is a great piece of personal memories of the game.
Score: 87

Slippery Morris - Champions League - NRL Style
Word Count: 734
The article starts bad for you with a typo in the first sentence (UEFA). Following from that, you hit multiple piles of gold. I've always wondered what it would be like to have a competition like this, hell, even the Challenge Cup that England has. If you've never seen a lower grade side fight hard against a Super League side, I recommend you do. On the article, it's a nice flowing opinion piece, something not oftenly talked about.
Score: 86

Willow - Mother's Day
Word Count: 750
An interesting, well thought out and well referenced read on the son of Mrs Elias. Very in-depth with a neat flow. A good mix of personal achievement and on-field success, any new fan of the game should have this read to them (alongside some vintage footage of course). Really isn't much more to say. This is a good article.
Score: 89

Penrith Panthers

LeagueNut - Statistically Speaking
Word Count: 749
I love statistics, and found your statistics incredibly captivating and interesting. Then I saw the disclaimer.
Score: 0
In all seriousness, a strange article (with the dinner and all providing the perfect taste in the middly-bits), and the intentional overkill adds to the flow of the whole thing quite well.
Score: 87

Big Mick - International Rugby League: What A Shambles!
Word Count: 736
A well thought out article with some valid points, adding to a reasonable argument. Not only finding problems, but solutions and potential gains, the perfect way to validise your point. Like you, I have seen the incredible improvement of IRL in the last few weeks, it makes for a good discussion. It is not an original topic, but at least you're making valid points. By the way, is validise a word? Sorry, I have scotch. And it's good.
Score: 86

Madunit - NRL Cinematic Classics
Word Count: 745
This is classic. It's obviously well thought out, and the sort of humour-based article that doesn't commit a giant overkill. A good laugh and incredibly well fitting (kind of creepy, this sport really is a drama).
Score: 89

DRAGONS 429
PANTHERS 262

First of all, congratulations to veterans Willow and Madunit who take out their combined 53rd and 54th POTM awards. Also congratulations to Willow, who for the 23rd consecutive time (a F7s record) writed an article with exactly 750 words. This is also incredibly the 100th occasion in F7s history that all articles fit within the eighties. All of these facts are obviously fake.
Congratulations one and all on a great match, I really did enjoy reading these.
Enjoy your drinks!

LeagueNut

First Grade
:lol: Ya bastard, that zero gave me a fright.

Well played everyone. A shame we couldn't get 5 in, onwards and upwards for next round though.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks ref for the quick turnaround and comments. Apologies to Slippery Morris, as team proof reader that typo is my fault.

Best of luck Penrith, enjoyed every one of your articles.

Way to go Saints. :thumn

Latest posts