What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013/14 Conference Championships

nick87

Coach
Both Sherman and Baldwin could have been niners if Harbaugh thought they could be contributors, obviously college coaches going to the pros pass on their former players all the time, so it's not a criticism of Harbaugh, but just an interesting note that the three big plays that won the hawks the game came from former Stanford boys who Harbaugh passed on.

aqua_duck

Coach
Not a bad side that Stanford side under Harbaugh...

628x471.jpg

Richard%2BSherman%2BA6kpbYArWlym.jpg

Baldwin wasn't even amongst Luck's favourite receivers, his go to guys were Fleener, Griff Whalen and Chris Owusu. Speaking of college wide receiver cores, I can kind of see why RG3 looks so amazing at Baylor, not doubting his ability but having Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright and Terrence Williams as your wide receivers certainly helps

aqua_duck

Coach
Both Sherman and Baldwin could have been niners if Harbaugh thought they could be contributors, obviously college coaches going to the pros pass on their former players all the time, so it's not a criticism of Harbaugh, but just an interesting note that the three big plays that won the hawks the game came from former Stanford boys who Harbaugh passed on.

I watched a lot of Stanford games from Andrew Luck's time and the Stanford Cardinal version of Sherman doesn't remotely resemble the Seahawks version. You never noticed him a lot at Stanford, no doubt that trying to learn a new position had a lot to do with it but the guys he has around him in Seattle helps a lot also. No doubt he's a good player and I admire the cerebral approach he takes, his play recognition is extraordinary and you combine that with WR size and ball skills and it makes for a very good corner but when you have 2 all pro safeties and a very good group of pass rushers to pressure the QB it make life a lot easier.
It'll be very interesting to see how he matches up against Demaryius.

nick87

Coach
Oh no question
i mean he went in the 5th round, so all 32 teams passed on him at least twice, so as i said, not a critic of Harbaugh, the niners drafts since he took over have been lights out so you cant knock him and niners organisation on draft day, there is a reason im stoked to keep Tom Gamble in Philly, he played big roles in their good drafts and continues to do so in Philly now... was just interesting that the two guys that sunk Harbaugh with big players were two of his old stanford boys