What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013/14 Premier League

saint.nick

Coach
Not a City fan but until FFP sanctions are announced, itd be difficult to make predictions. Eg. needing X amount of home grown players in a reduced CL squad is difficult to account for today.

If Nastasic stagnates, then CB is a priority.

Sure, but regardless of FFP, where do City fans *ideally* want to strengthen their squad? Probably agree with you re: CB, if their defence was on more on par with their attack it wouldn't have been such a close finish to the title race, and I would have been spared this ridiculous feeling of disappointment after going so close :lol:

saint.nick

Coach
The fake table has nothing to do with it; Liverpool also mostly led a fake table, and City started dropping points too. You still bottled it against Sunderland, Aston Villa, Palace and Norwich, thus giving 'LOLiverpool' an unexpected chance. If you hadn't, you'd be league champions :D

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
http://www.espnfc.com/stats/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league?cc=3436

PERFORMANCE
Highest Gate 75,368 Manchester United v Aston Villa

Lowest Gate 19,242 Swansea City v Stoke City

Average Attendance 36,657

Aggregate Attendance 13,929,810

Biggest Home Win Manchester City 7-0 Norwich City

Biggest Away Win Tottenham Hotspur 0-5 Liverpool

Highest Team Score 7: Manchester City 7-0 Norwich City

Highest Aggregate Score 9: Cardiff City 3-6 Liverpool, Manchester City 6-3 Arsenal

Current Win Sequence 5 games: Manchester City, Arsenal

Current Unbeaten Sequence 6 games: Manchester City

Current Losing Sequence 3 games: Cardiff City, Hull City, West Bromwich Albion

Current Winless Sequence 7 games: Norwich City

Longest Win Sequence 11 games: Liverpool

Longest Unbeaten Sequence 16 games: Liverpool

Longest Losing Sequence 7 games: Crystal Palace

Longest Winless Sequence 9 games: West Bromwich Albion, Sunderland, Fulham

Games won by 1 goal margin 138
2 goal margin 90
3 goal margin 49
4 goal margin 19
5+ goal margin 6

TABLE STATISTICS

Most Wins 27 Manchester City

Fewest Losses 6 Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea

Most Draws 15 West Bromwich Albion

Highest Points per Game 2.26 Manchester City

Fewest Wins 7 West Bromwich Albion, Cardiff City

Most Losses 24 Fulham

Fewest Draws 4 Newcastle United

Lowest Points per Game 0.79 Cardiff City

Most Goals Scored 102 Manchester City

Highest Goals Scored Average 2.68 Manchester City

Fewest Goals Conceded 27 Chelsea

Fewest Goals Conceded Average 0.71 Chelsea

Highest Goal Difference 65 Manchester City

Fewest Goals Scored 28 Norwich City

Lowest Goals Scored Average 0.74 Norwich City

Most Goals Conceded 85 Fulham

Highest Goals Conceded Average 2.24 Fulham

Lowest Goal Difference -45 Fulham

Most Clean Sheets 18 Chelsea

Fewest Games Failed to Score 3 Liverpool

Fewest Clean Sheets 5 Fulham

Most Games Failed to Score 19 Cardiff City

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Sure, but regardless of FFP, where do City fans *ideally* want to strengthen their squad? Probably agree with you re: CB, if their defence was on more on par with their attack it wouldn't have been such a close finish to the title race, and I would have been spared this ridiculous feeling of disappointment after going so close :lol:

Three positions we need to strengthen if we want to win the EPL while going deep into the champions league:

1. Defensive midfielder - Fernandinho and Toure played just about every important game in all comps and it took its toll by seasons end. Rumours going around for over 6 months that we are looking to sign Fernando from Porto. I watch a fair bit of the Portuguese League and he would be a good acquisition. However the guy I really want is William Carvalho from Sporting Clube de Portugal. The guy is like a younger version of Yaya Toure and has been the difference between Sporting's poor season last year and challenging for the title this year. Either way, he will be at a top European Club soon.

2. Centre back - just a lack of depth and Demichellis can't be seen as a long term solution. Rumour once again that we are looking to sign Mangala from Porto who would also be a solid signing. If Nastasic can overcome his injuries and return to last years form he will add to our depth and even push for a starting spot.

3. Right back - we are lucky Zabaleta didn't suffer a long term injury this year. He is our only decent RB. It looks like we will be getting Sagna at this stage.

saint.nick

Coach
Three positions we need to strengthen if we want to win the EPL while going deep into the champions league:

1. Defensive midfielder - Fernandinho and Toure played just about every important game in all comps and it took its toll by seasons end. Rumours going around for over 6 months that we are looking to sign Fernando from Porto. I watch a fair bit of the Portuguese League and he would be a good acquisition. However the guy I really want is William Carvalho from Sporting Clube de Portugal. The guy is like a younger version of Yaya Toure and has been the difference between Sporting's poor season last year and challenging for the title this year. Either way, he will be at a top European Club soon.

2. Centre back - just a lack of depth and Demichellis can't be seen as a long term solution. Rumour once again that we are looking to sign Mangala from Porto who would also be a solid signing. If Nastasic can overcome his injuries and return to last years form he will add to our depth and even push for a starting spot.

3. Right back - we are lucky Zabaleta didn't suffer a long term injury this year. He is our only decent RB. It looks like we will be getting Sagna at this stage.

God help us if you land all those players :lol:

VictoryFC

Bench
It's not that bad. If they want to land another 3 non-home grown players, they'll have to ship out 3 as well. But they have players to play with. One of Dzeko/Jovetic or Negredo is out this transfer, add in Pantilimon or Garcia, or Demichelis, and they could do quite nicely. Then in the CL they'll have to decide which 4 of those of the squad not including home grown players aren't going to play.

Last edited:

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
God help us if you land all those players :lol:

I reckon we will realistically get one of the Porto players (probably Mangala) and Sagna.

Garcia's form in the second half of this season may be enough to convince Pellegrini that we don't need another defensive MF.