What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Australian Open Campaign

Danish

Referee
Go on, take a medical timeout now Azarenka.

:lol:

i really hope she does. The crowd reaction would be as vicious as has ever been see in tennis. Worse than when Hingis was serving underarm.

Honestly any boot she'd get from a break would be taken away by the crowd booing her every point and shouting out insults constantly between games

Apey

Staff member
Just turned this on before she fell over, damn what happened the first time?

the only part I felt like Nadal would have made a significant difference is to the Djokovic semi

I felt his absense opened the draw up for someone like Berdych to take it out, as he would only have to beat 2 of the big 4, rather than 3. Shame nothing really came of it though.

On Azarenka, I am kind of split on this one. I (and probably several others as well) kind of feel Sharapova and Williams are the 2 best players in women's tennis and Azarenka's number 1 slot is merely figurative (like it was for Wozniaki), and her winning sort of disproved this. However on her way to the title she didn't beat either of the big 2.

Hallatia

Referee
and many feel she cheated against the first person she came against who did. The second one was playing on half a leg

Bulldog Force

Referee
So as the tournament winds down to an end, Jarmila Gajdošová and Matty Ebden take out the mixed doubles final in straight sets. A small consolation prize for us, and a brighter 2014 campaign to look forward to.

BDR

First Grade
Wow huge congrats to Gajdosova and Ebden. It's not easy to win a doubles Grand Slam. Should help them both in their singles careers this season as well.

Hoping for a 5-setter tonight, I think it's pretty much even money as to who will take it out. If I'm not mistaken, a Murray victory will see him nudge up the rankings slightly.

Bulldog Force

Referee
You are correct BDR, he should jump to #2.

Nadal will officially fall out of the big 4 and David Ferrer will officially occupy that #4 spot.

In other news, it looks like Serena will jump to #2 in the ladies division and Sharpova slip down to 3.

Hallatia

Referee
come on Murray!

I'm riding every shot in this match and definitely more nervous than Andy who actually doesn't seem nervous at all

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Djoker!!!!!!!!! Woo And where level, this will go to go 1am if it goes the full 5 sets, and without the breaks in serve could end up like the wawrinka match

Mr Saab

Referee
I wish Bruce Mcannoying would STFU up. I dont care abotu Greg Norman and where he won his first golf tournament and that he will be building a golf course there.

Danish

Referee
But random prereseached (by someone else) factoids written on a piece of paper in front of him is all Bruce is able to bring to any sports commentary he does.

He is Seven's ken succliffe, sans the female appeal 4 decades ago

Mr Saab

Referee
Divac was a LA Laker champion hey Bruce? Tell me what effing year he won a championship? He was no superstar!

Latest posts