What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 East Asian Cup Qualifiers Thread

Big Sam

First Grade
First place qualifies for 2013 East Asian Cup in South Korea starting July 20th. China, Japan, and South Korea have automatically qualified.

Fixtures & Results:

1 Dec: Guam 1-2 Hong Kong, Mong Kok Stadium
1 Dec: North Korea 6-1 Taiwan, Mong Kok Stadium

3 Dec: North Korea 5-0 Guam, Mong Kok Stadium
3 Dec: Hong Kong 0-1 Australia, Mong Kok Stadium

5 Dec: Taiwan 1-1 Guam, Hong Kong Stadium
5 Dec: North Korea 1-1 Australia, Hong Kong Stadium

7 Dec: Guam 0-9 Australia, Hong Kong Stadium
7 Dec: Hong Kong 2-0 Taiwan, Hong Kong Stadium

9 Dec: Hong Kong 0-4 North Korea, Hong Kong Stadium
9 Dec: Australia 8-0 Taiwan, Hong Kong Stadium

---

Australia Squad

Brett Emerton (C) (Sydney)
Terry Antonis (Sydney)
Eli Babalj (Red Star Belgrade, Serbia)
Aziz Behich (Melbourne Heart)
Robert Cornthwaite (Chunnam Dragons, South Korea)
Dino Djulbic (Guizhou, China)
Ivan Franjic (Brisbane)
Eugene Galekovic (Adelaide)
Richard Garcia (Melbourne Heart)
Scott Jamieson (Perth)
Michael Marrone (Melbourne Heart)
Matt McKay (Busan, South Korea)
Mark Milligan (Melbourne Victory)
Aaron Mooy (Western Sydney)
Tom Rogic (Central Coast)
Mat Ryan (Central Coast)
Matt Smith (Brisbane)
Adam Taggart (Newcastle)
Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory)
Michael Thwaite (Perth)

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
Very interesting to see how the local Socceroos go. First two games are the hardest and will no doubt determine if we get through or not.

Archie will be looking to better his PB 13 goals against Guam I'm tipping.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Crazy as it sounds, I actually like the look of this younger squad. Will be good to see what they do with the opportunity they've been gifted.

Big Sam

First Grade
Fantastic news!!!
Watch Socceroos LIVE on TWG

3 December 2012-SBS

SBS Sport will exclusively stream online LIVE all four of Australia's matches at the 2013 EAFF East Asian Cup Preliminary Competition from Hong Kong this week.

Don't miss a minute of the action as Holger Osieck's new look Socceroos take on Hong Kong, DPR Korea, Guam and Chinese Taipei at Mong Kok Stadium.

HONG KONG v AUSTRALIA
Monday 3 December
From 11:25pm (AEDT) with kick-off 11:30pm (AEDT)

(Refresh this page at 11.25pm AEDT to activate the live stream)

DPR KOREA v AUSTRALIA
Wednesday 5 December
From 11:25pm (AEDT) with kick-off 11:30pm (AEDT)
Commentary team: Vitor Sobral and Aytek Genc

GUAM v AUSTRALIA
Friday 7 December
From 8:45pm (AEDT) with kick-off 8:50pm (AEDT)

AUSTRALIA v CHINESE TAIPEI
Sunday 9 December
From 7:55pm (AEDT) with kick-off 8:00pm (AEDT)

Match highlights of all Australia's matches will also be available on The World Game website.

Eight players in the final Socceroos squad for the Preliminary Competition are uncapped with China-based defender Dino Djulbic and A-League players Terry Antonis, Ivan Franjic, Michael Marrone, Aaron Mooy, Mat Ryan, Matt Smith and Adam Taggart all set to play their first senior internationals during the four-game round-robin tournament.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1131545/Watch-Socceroos-LIVE-on-TWG

Big Sam

First Grade
Hope it's not geoblocked for your sake. But I doubt SBS would do something that sophisticated...

Big Sam

First Grade
Thank God for Emmo. Saved our arse bigtime. We were awful.

Although that was one of the worst pitches I've ever seen. There are cow paddocks with more consistency and less mud than that. At least the remaining 3 games won't be played at the same stadium.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Was a bloody dire game and further proof that Osieck may have lost his mind.

There may be method to his madness given the intense playing schedule and the fact we were never really likely to lose to Hong Kong, but a seven defender lineup seems overly cautious regardless of how closely the pitch resembled a cow paddock.

No surprise that Rogic's injection sparked our only truly enterprising period of play. We'd better be many times better if we're expecting to beat North Korea. They're a tough nut to crack if you're not Brazil.

bender

Juniors
woah! chance at winning our 2nd world title. Cmon Aus!!!

Paul Wade had the boys fired up to beat anyone on that night. And Warren Spink's finishing was deadly. No one could have denied their destiny.

If Brett Emerton can lead the boys to victory in the same way, I can see him holding onto the title until he retires from the international game.

Big Sam

First Grade
According to Archie on twitter, the rain today is torrential and they're preparing for "another mud bath". FFS...

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
BTW Fox have come to the party now. They have a stream advertised for the game tonight's game.

weasel

First Grade
C'mon on, Socceroos. Don't mess this up. Gonna go to Korea midyear 2013 sometime and it would work out nicely if we are participating in this tournament, I'll try and schedule my trip to catch all our games.

Btw, Misanthrope, have you left SK behind for smokey China? Hope you're not coughing up a lung in Nanjing, the air there is brutal. Nice place, otherwise, I s'pose.

Latest posts