What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Grand Final

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I didn't say it was the fault of anything. It's just pretty obvious that the cap doesn't work in the way it is intended too when two teams are able to dominate for ten years. The Titans proved me wrong this week anyway. Melbourne will be playing against whatever hapless fools go on a winning streak and fluke their way in.
If the cap wasn't working, Manly would be full of current rep footballers.

As for 10 years ago... We came 13 and 14th and were a million miles below even approaching the cap. We were nearly broke. Check out this line up from 2004:

Brett Stewart,Scott Donald,Chris Hicks,Albert Torrens,John Hopoate,Andrew Walker,Jye Mullane,Daniel Heckenberg,Nathan Hollingsworth,Solomon Haumono,Sam Harris,Anthony Watmough,Steve Menzies (c).Replacements: Ian Donnelly,Kylie Leululai,Shane Dunley,Luke Williamson,Chad Randall,Jeff Robson,Nick Paterson. (three to be omitted).

isaiah

Bench
good win over manly, who's next?

beat panthers, should beat broncs without thaiday, will beat eels, shouldnt lose too many to the rep games, then knights at skilled, warriors in nz, and dragons back at home.

before they play broncs again in round 10, they could be 8-1 or at worst 7 and 2.

then the eels again and cowboys without their origin stars.

isaiah

Bench
beat panthers, should beat broncs without thaiday, will beat eels, shouldnt lose too many to the rep games, then knights at skilled, warriors in nz, and dragons back at home.

before they play broncs again in round 10, they could be 8-1 or at worst 7 and 2.

titans should bounce back this week because carty listened to the fans and didn't choose bird in the 6 again.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Keen to hear the two sides that have "dominated for the past 10 years"? One of your best, MacDougs

isaiah

Bench

form side of the comp

Interesting state: Easts and Souths haven't squared off in a finals match since the 1930s. In fact, only once since then (1987) have both teams made the finals in the same year. Usually when one team is up, the other is down. It's a very rare year when both make the finals.

captainwarrior

Juniors
I think it will come out of the Storm, Rabbits, Sea Eagles or Roosters.

Dark horse would be the Titans if they can keep fully fit or Newy if they can start to win away.

firechild

First Grade
Roosters not conceding a point in 3 out of 6 matches is impressive no matter who they played.

isaiah

Bench

suffered some injuries during that spell but after putting the sword to the hapless eels today, they could be back on track.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I hate these types of threads. It's May for f**k sake.

And if I had to go through another GF with Melbourne or Manly or both, I think I'd neck myself.