What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

BunniesMan

Immortal
Playing Brisbane in Perth is one thing. Playing a Queensland team up north is extremely stupid. It's giving not taking a home game on the road, it's giving a home game to the opposition. Easts did it in 2012, so did the Dogs, and now we're doing it.

Completely dumb logic.

H.H

Juniors
The Cowboys/Darwin decision was simply diabolical.

In saying that, I don't have a problem with Easts taking 1 home game a year elsewhere. In 2010 we took a home game to Christchurch which, despite losing on the bell, was a huge success (despite the majority of our fans disagreeing with that)...a crowd of 20k turned up in absolutely atrocious conditions. A 38k sellout was on the cards if it was a fine day.

For one reason or another that agreement did not continue, but something like that I see as very worthwhile in future. Especially with Sonny on board.

1. You give the game exposure in a non-heartland area.
2. Commercially, it's very attractive.
3. The club forges ties with the area which can ead to membership and recruitment opportunities.
4. The downside is you're giving away a home game, but to me, points 1 - 3 outweigh 4.

That's my say.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The result to me doesn't matter, I hardly think there are fans out there with the point of view that "I'm ok with my club taking games away from our home ground as long as we win". It's all about growing the game which last years event in Darwin helped do, something that needs to be continued in my eyes and seeming as though Easts were the ones to take a game there I think it is in their best interests to keep up that good work before another team steps in (similar to South Sydney in Perth).

I think you've rambled and completely missed my point.

Roosters taking a game to Darwin, IMO, was a good idea poorly executed.

1. Don't use the Cowboys game. Results-wise (RL is a results-driven sport, remember), it was diabolical for them, they never recovered after that loss.

2. Do it at a smarter time of year. Darwin is an ideal mid-winter venue, not April when it's still humid and sticky... which the Cowboys are more than used to.

Valheru

Coach
Wait, so let me get this right.

As a part of the commission strategic plan, a plan many of us finally wanted/needed the game to have, clubs are being encourage to spread the game more and play more games in these sort of areas. Along with Mackay, Perth, China, New Zealand etc etc. The Roosters have turned around and said that all their home games will be played in Sydney?

Is this a club looking out for the games best interest?

This will be our 1st year in a long time that we haven’t relocated a game and the draw isn’t out yet, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a game re-located.

Why should it just be Sydney teams anyways? Brisbane, the warriors, Newcastle, Cowboys etc. have benefited due to teams taking ‘home’ games to areas close to where those teams are based.

If the roosters don’t relocate a game next year they probably will for 2014 we just need someone in there with an IQ greater than 26 to make the decision. On our track record though we will probably take Melbourne to Bendigo.

dimitri

First Grade
BULLDOGS MEMBERSHIPS ARE NOW ON SALE!

LOVE THEIR VIDEO!!!!!!!!

00050149-leadimage.jpg

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news-display/2013-MEMBERSHIPS-ARE-NOW-ON-SALE/65316

Timmah

Staff member
I agree with him, had no such problem here.

Might wanna check the equaliser settings on your computer?

Timmah

Staff member
:? How do you figure that? :lol:

Pedigree Platinum Plus = new product

Cat 1 $330 = Pedigree Platinum $340

Cat 2 $220 = Pedigree Gold $260

Kennel Aisle 132 $220 = Kennel Aisle 110 $160

GA $99 = Blue Zone = $99

Last edited:

Expansion

Juniors
I don't see how it's in the Roosters best interests, it was nothing more than a cash grab.

I think its in the best interest of any struggling Sydney Club to promote the game in so-called "new" areas and possibly build up a small but solid support in another area outside of their own and have that support build up over time. South Sydney seem to have plenty of support in Perth because of their efforts.

Roosters taking a game to Darwin, IMO, was a good idea poorly executed.

1. Don't use the Cowboys game. Results-wise (RL is a results-driven sport, remember), it was diabolical for them, they never recovered after that loss.

We are not talking about what's in the clubs best interest for a certain season, we are talking about something much bigger, the game's long-term best interests.

This will be our 1st year in a long time that we haven?t relocated a game and the draw isn?t out yet, I wouldn?t be surprised to see a game re-located.

Thanks for your thought-out reply, not many on here do without adding trigger words or lines to take the subject off topic.

Why should it just be Sydney teams anyways? Brisbane, the warriors, Newcastle, Cowboys etc. have benefited due to teams taking ?home? games to areas close to where those teams are based.

In my opinion it should just be Sydney teams because it limits the amount of lost opportunities for fans. How many chances do Sydney fans get to go see their team every year? Generally there is the 12 home games and all away games a Sydney clubs plays in Sydney.

The locations of those other teams only get a limited opportunity as it is to see games and in my opinion we shouldn't limit that further. It's a blight that Brisbane only gets 14 games a season and Townsville, Canberra, Gold Coast have 12 games each.

As it stands the cities of Auckland & Melbourne have 12 games each as well. In the case of Melbourne I feel that they can lose a max of one game and New Zealand should be spreading their games all around New Zealand more.

Timmah

Staff member
We are not talking about what's in the clubs best interest for a certain season, we are talking about something much bigger, the game's long-term best interests.

I understand that, but a club's role is to look after its and its members best interests season to season.

Between the results-based pressure which was comprimised by this years move and the interests of members who were clearly upset by the decision, the club had to act for 2013, and they've done so. It might not be in the game's long-term best interests, but today's competitive nature and the new membership culture (the club doesn't want to take member numbers backwards) basically dictate that they had to make the call.

I'm sure they'll be back on the road in 2014.

docbrown

Coach
Recieved my Knights membership renewal in the mail today.

Interesting that it'll be the same price as this year when I'm hearing membership prices at other clubs are sky rocketing

Yeah, got ours too. Do you know if you were wanting to upgrade whether or not you can pick your row/seat allocation or its done on a lottery basis?

Need to get an extra seat so thinking of swapping it.

docbrown

Coach
In my opinion it should just be Sydney teams because it limits the amount of lost opportunities for fans. How many chances do Sydney fans get to go see their team every year? Generally there is the 12 home games and all away games a Sydney clubs plays in Sydney.

The locations of those other teams only get a limited opportunity as it is to see games and in my opinion we shouldn't limit that further. It's a blight that Brisbane only gets 14 games a season and Townsville, Canberra, Gold Coast have 12 games each.

As it stands the cities of Auckland & Melbourne have 12 games each as well. In the case of Melbourne I feel that they can lose a max of one game and New Zealand should be spreading their games all around New Zealand more.

I think that's the crux of the issue and really it should be guided and coordinated from the NRL rather than leaving it up to the clubs - that way there's no conflicting interests.

I mean I find it odd that some Sydney clubs are drawing less than 13,000 to their home games and fans are arguing against losing one home game.

Well here's the news flash - your fans aren't going to the home games they've already got! Perhaps taking a game elsewhere is actually a good thing...

dimitri

First Grade
Not as keen on the new prices - a $300 increase on the old Cat 2 prices??

are you talking about for families??

i think adults is only a tiny bit more

its still pretty much cheaper than souths

and they still have the cheap kennel and GA

Yoda

Juniors
are you talking about for families??

i think adults is only a tiny bit more

its still pretty much cheaper than souths

and they still have the cheap kennel and GA

They re-aligned the seating so my old cat 2 seats are now "Pedigree Platinum" (same as Cat 1), a family pass has gone from $510 last year to $810 this year.

Other categories are reasonably priced but a $300 increase for the same seats is ridiculous. It's nothing but a cash-grab from loyal supporters who have stuck solid with memberships through thick and thin.