What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 NSW SCC - Sydney Combined Competition

***MH***

Bench
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...D=127124&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=21628158

Sydney Combined Competition (SCC)

The Sydney Combined Competition (SCC) is the new name of the merged competitions for Sydney based districts replacing the ICCC.

Canterbury-Bankstown Junior League will be taking part in the SCC from under 15's through to A/Grade.

Under 6's to Under 14's will operate under the CBDJRL banner.

Since joining the SCC for under 15's to 17's in 2011 the Canterbury-Bankstown Junior League has in fact experienced an increase in sides for those age groups.

The season will commence on Sunday 7th April 2013 with the last round to be played on Sunday 11th August 2013 with no football to be played on the June long weekend. All competitions will be a Top 4 format.

All Judiciary and Board of Management hearings for the SCC will be held at Sports House in Homebush. All Under 6's to Under 14's Board of Management and Judiciary hearings will be held at Lakemba Services Club.

In the advent of ground closures for matches under the SCC banner all measures will be taken into place to transfer matches across to available grounds within the SCC associations.

U15, U16, U17: Canterbury-Bankstown, Balmain, South Sydney, St George, Sydney Roosters.

U19: Canterbury-Bankstown, Balmain, South Sydney, St George, Sydney Roosters, Western Suburbs.

A/Grade (Open Age): Canterbury-Bankstown, Balmain, St George, Western Suburbs.

Please note that there is a chance for an Under 21's competition.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

Roland

Juniors
Good to read canterbury has an increase in participation in the age groups that take part in ICCC/SCC

Am i on the right line in saying souths and easts will field a-grade sides in the souths juniors then?

I would have thought western suburbs would be strong enough to field a seperate grade comp given the size and disposition of the area they represent

Big problems at Wests. The best teams - East Campbelltown and Campbelltown City moved to Group 6 with Easts winning the Clayton Cup as the best performed team in the Country RL.

Numbers have fallen as players move to Group 6 clubs. While there still may be 6 or 7 teams, the combined comp allows the clubs to be split over 3 grades meaning less chance of floggings that would occur if Wests had a standalone comp.

Souths team numbers hold up year after year in A Grade meaning standalone continues.

Rubber Toes

Juniors
Any news out there gentlemen ? What teams will be competing from what districts ? I believe Souths haven't made a decision on 2013 as yet. They may have enough to stand alone, but they would add another dimension to the SCC concept. Better to build with strength than to join with little later.

Rubber Toes

Juniors
I believe these are the nominated gradings.

U/19 Div 2

Bankstown Bulls
Greenacre Tigers
East Hills
Bankstown Sports
Liverpool Titans - 1
Liverpool Titans - 2
North Ryde
Kingsgrove Colts
Penshurst RSL
Renown United
Campbelltown Collegians
Liverpool Catholic Club

U/19 Div 1

Arncliffe Scotts
Earlwood Saints
Hurstville United
Holy Cross
St Christophers
St Johns Eagles
La Perouse
Coogee Randwick
Milperra Colts
Revesby Heights

A Reserves Div 2

All Saints - 3
Campbelltown Warriors
Ingleburn RSL
Liverpool Titans - 2
Valley United
Campbelltown Collegians
Leichhardt Wanderers
Riverwood Legion

A Reserves Div 1

Arncliffe Scotts
Penshurst RSL
Eaglevale St Andrews
Ingleburn Bulldogs
St Christophers
Five Dock
Berala Bears - 2
Renown United
All Saints - 2
Minto Cobras

A Grade

All Saints - 1
Berala Bears - 1
Moorebank Rams
St Christophers
St George Dragons
Bass Hill Broncos
Liverpool Titans - 1

***MH***

Bench
Grand Finals by District
Canterbury: 14/2, 14/1, 15/3, 15/2, 15/1, 19/1, AR-1
Souths: 16/2, 16/1, 17/1 (plus 13/1)
St George: 14/3. 16/3, 17/2 (plus 13/2)
Wests: 19/2, AG, AR-2
Balmain: (only 13/3)

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Just a thought. But would the entire metro area be better served by scrapping the remaining district comps and have 4 zones with divisions within each?

-So you could have a Sydney premier division similar to the current sydney shield. Then have 4 metro zones:
-City/Inner West- taking clubs from Souths, Easts, Balmain, maybe some from Canterbury and St. George depending on geography.
-Southern- Campbelltown and region clubs, Cronulla, St. George, Canterbury district clubs
-Northern- North Sydney, Manly, some of the northerly Parramatta district clubs
-Greater West- Parramatta and Penrith district clubs.

IMO this would allow there to be as many ability matched divisions as possible.

kbw

Bench
Heading in to Grand Finals. Is the SCC a success?

I am involved and from my perspective its a success.
The biggest problem (and remember I am only the messenger here) is the violence and intimidation primarily in the Canterbury component.

- ALL games in the Canterbury district are videoed because of crowd and player violence.
- Canterbury officials at a recent judiciary hearing relating to the incident at Coogee oval remarked, that sort of stuff happens every week in our area.

As mentioned my club has had no problems, but plenty of others have.

Rubber Toes

Juniors
kbw, I think it has been a huge success. I hope it will continue to grow next year with other districts joining and more teams forming due to suitable levels of competition to play in. As far as violence goes, I haven't seen anything out of the norm, as I follow all three A grades. I think it has been very clean in all three comps, although I have heard of some rubbish in the U/19s, but I'm sure they will be weeded out and dealt with. I believe one team was given the boot in 19-2s. You can't do more than that. Are you involved in a younger age comp kbw ?

bazza

Immortal
Just a thought. But would the entire metro area be better served by scrapping the remaining district comps and have 4 zones with divisions within each?

-So you could have a Sydney premier division similar to the current sydney shield. Then have 4 metro zones:
-City/Inner West- taking clubs from Souths, Easts, Balmain, maybe some from Canterbury and St. George depending on geography.
-Southern- Campbelltown and region clubs, Cronulla, St. George, Canterbury district clubs
-Northern- North Sydney, Manly, some of the northerly Parramatta district clubs
-Greater West- Parramatta and Penrith district clubs.

IMO this would allow there to be as many ability matched divisions as possible.

I think that is the way forward from say U15/16 and up as players get lost to rep teams, work and other distractions
At younger age groups the focus should be on local competitions with less travelling

***MH***

Bench
I am involved and from my perspective its a success.
The biggest problem (and remember I am only the messenger here) is the violence and intimidation primarily in the Canterbury component.

- ALL games in the Canterbury district are videoed because of crowd and player violence.
- Canterbury officials at a recent judiciary hearing relating to the incident at Coogee oval remarked, that sort of stuff happens every week in our area.

As mentioned my club has had no problems, but plenty of others have.
- The compulsory video recording that was in force last year from Canterbury was a self-policing policy. This season, the District advised that it was optional for clubs to participate in videoing games as other districts in the SCC did not have a compulsory video policy.

I was at Hammondville last weekend and there was some very good football in the 14d2 and the 16d1.

In the 14d2's Zetland came back from 10 points behind to take the lead with 3 minutes to go. Berala chanced their hand at hot potato on the buzzer to fall short.

The 16d1's between St. George and La Perouse was a nail biter. La Perouse led the first half 10-nil until St George scored two late tries to lead the first half 12-10. The second half went back and forth with La Perouse scoring late in the game to what looked like the winning try. St George scored on the buzzer in the corner and needed the kick to go into extra time only to miss the upright by inches. This match was better than most of the NRL games i've seen this season.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I think that is the way forward from say U15/16 and up as players get lost to rep teams, work and other distractions
At younger age groups the focus should be on local competitions with less travelling

Yeah that sounds about right. I wander if this will come up in the pathways review Jim Doyle and co is doing, although i am not sure if it just applies to the professional pathways.

***MH***

Bench
:: GRAND FINALS ::

2013 NSW SCC - Sydney Combined Competition

SATURDAY 31 August 2013

BELMORE SPORTS GROUND (Edison Ln, Belmore)
Entry Fee $5.00
11:15 14D2 St Johns Eagles v Zetland 2*25ms
12:30 14D1 Chester Hill v St George Dragons 2*25ms
13:45 15D3 Bankstown Sports (2) v Concord Burwood 2*25ms
15:00 15D2 Berala Bears v Brighton Seagulls 2*25ms
16:15 15D1 St Johns Eagles (1) v Clovelly (B) 2*25ms
17:30 19D1 Milperra Colts v Coogee Randwick 2*30ms
19:00 AR D1 St Christophers (2) v Eaglevale St Andrews 2*35ms

WIN JUBILEE OVAL (Jubilee Ave, Carlton)
Entry Fee $5.00
13:00 13D2 Penshurst RSL Green v North Ryde 2*25ms
14:10 14D3 Kogarah Cougars v St Charles 2*25ms
15:20 16D3 Penshurst RSL v Berala Bears 2*30ms
16:50 17D2 Penshurst RSL v Bankstown Bulls 2*30ms

LEICHHARDT OVAL (Mary St, Leichhardt)
Entry Fee $5.00
20:00 13D3 Concord Burwood v Renown United 2*25ms

SUNDAY 1 September 2013

REDFERN OVAL (Chalmers St, Redfern)
Entry Fee $2.00
9:00 13D1 Zetland v Mascot (B) 2*25ms
10:05 16D2 Botany Rams v Renown United 2*30ms
11:20 16D1 Mascot v La Perouse 2*30ms
12:35 17D1 South Eastern v Holy Cross 2*30ms

CAMPBELLTOWN STADIUM (Old Leumeah Rd, Leumeah)
Entry Fee $7.00
12:00 19D2 Liverpool Titans (1) v Liverpool Catholic Club 2*30ms
13:30 AR D2 Valley United v Liverpool Titans (2) 2*35ms
15:00 A Gde All Saints (1) v Penshurst RSL 2*35ms

***MH***

Bench
Here is the video of the last clash between All Saints and Penshurst.

[youtube]WVV9hfAa6HQ[/youtube]
[youtube]d9Wh28LYZIU[/youtube]

Rubber Toes

Juniors
I think that is a good structure for when the SCC has grown. I'm thinking only of 'A' grade at this point with St George supplying 4 teams, Canterbury with 7 teams, Balmain 2 teams and Wests with 12 teams. This makes up three very competetive divisions. If you move teams from this structure to create zones you'd weaken what we have. I think the answer is to create as many divisions as possible. Travel could be an issue at times but if everyone is on the same page, one or two road trips a year would be interesting.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I think that is a good structure for when the SCC has grown. I'm thinking only of 'A' grade at this point with St George supplying 4 teams, Canterbury with 7 teams, Balmain 2 teams and Wests with 12 teams. This makes up three very competetive divisions. If you move teams from this structure to create zones you'd weaken what we have. I think the answer is to create as many divisions as possible. Travel could be an issue at times but if everyone is on the same page, one or two road trips a year would be interesting.

What's he feeling. Will it grow in terms of numbers of teams involved in the short term?

Rubber Toes

Juniors
What's he feeling. Will it grow in terms of numbers of teams involved in the short term?
I believe it will grow, especially in seniors. There has been good growth in Canterbury & Wests this year. Wests should grow more next year with the return of East Campbelltown and possibly Campbelltown City from group 6 in one form or another. I believe the growth in Wests is due to three divisions. If Parra & Souths were to join there could be five divisions in 'A' grade alone. Cronulla should consider this structure as well, although I think they are happy doing what they do. The more the merrier. The more teams, the more divisions, the more variety, the more interest.

***MH***

Bench
Two very good sides MH. Who are you tipping?
Penshurst have shown through the season that they're capable of putting away sides. Their last regular season match resulted in 14-all. All Saints were able to outscore them in their Major Semi Final but Penshurst might take out this return clash.

Latest posts