What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Raiders?

legend

Coach
What will the team look like? Hard to say with so many injuries. Will Campo be back? I'm not so sure. I think with the right coach, the Raiders could move on quite comfortably without him and free up a massive amount of cap space.

I don't think Harrison will be here next year and I could easily live with the dumping of Tom LL. Both have had their chance and never took it. Time to move on and promote guys like Nicholls.

I think the 2013 Raiders will look something like this:

Dugan
Robinson
Croker
Ferguson
Wighton
McCrone
Williams
Fensom
Thompson
Papalii
Shillington
McIlwrick
White

Tilse
Thurling
Nicholls
Berrigan

Lee
Mataora
Picker
Tom LL
Earl
Butts
Waddell
Harrison???

Raider_69

Post Whore
assuming Berrigan retires.

full strength id like to see:

1. Dugan
2. Robinson/Ferguson
3. Wighton
4. Ferguson/Robinson
5. Croker
6. Campese
7. Williams
8. Shillington
9. McIlwrick
10. White
11. Thompson
12. Papalii
13. Fensom

14. McCrone
15. Mataora
16. Tilse
17. TLL

legend

Coach
Same starting forward pack with a few variations in the backline but with the same players.

Obviously if Campo returns the side looks different but after missing two full seasons and age now a factor, I'm not sure we'll ever see him back in green.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i dont doubt he'll be back playing for the raiders, what i am unsure of is how good he's going to be when he does

which is why its important when fit, dugan continues playing 5/8th to develop his ball playing so he can take the pressure off Campese and Williams/McCrone as ball players

Also Edrick Lee is a chance to hold his spot over Croker

I think Kennedy will be in the top 17 next year.

I rate Thurling but DF doesnt seem to have him more than a back up player.

Id like to think we could go a season without using so many players due to injuries

Players like Harrison, Waddell and Picker will be lucky to be at the club next year and Berrigan is weighing up playing on I believe

Dugan
Earl ( Lee/RR doesnt really matter, not much difference )
Croker
Wighton
Ferguson
Campo
Williams
Fensom
Thompson
Papalii
Shillington
McIlwrick
White

Tilse
Kennedy
TLL
McCrone

Berro
Trev
RR
Lee
Mataora
Nicholls
Butts

legend

Coach
You'd have to think Robinson has one wing spot locked down assuming Dugan returns at fullback. Wighton will most certainly have the other but we know Dugan is injury prone so there will be opportunities for guys like Lee to continue their career in FG on the wing.

If Croker is out who will kick goals? I doubt Campo will take it on if he returns.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dugan was an 80% kicker in 20's and fergo hit 4/4 in a game last year, 2 of which were from the sidelines.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
He's been out a long time but Campo made a huge difference with just his kicking game and leading the team around the park. There was too much pressure on him to get his running game going IMO, which wasn't helped by all the Origin talk. I think he'll be right if we slot him straight back into the halves.

Cryptic

Juniors
Not sure why were are talking about 2013 already when we still have almost half the year to go (even if it's very unlikely we will do anything with it, although still possible) but...

Berrigan is contracted for another year, I would be surprised to see him not follow through with it.

Campo will be back.

McCrone should really bulk up a bit in the offseason and take over at hooker, I really see a future for him there and he is a handy backup playmaker.

Williams, if he can keep playing like he did on Monday night, should keep the 7 spot.

Best team for next year:

1 - Dugan
2 - Earl
3 - Croker
4 - Ferguson
5 - Robinson
6 - Campo
7 - Williams
8 - Shillington
9 - McCrone
10 - White
11 - Thompson
12 - Papalii
13 - Fensom

14 - Berrigan maybe McIlwrick but really haven't seen enough of him... Even Waddell looked good on Monday night!
15 - Tilse
16 - TLL
17 - Kennedy? This spot should almost be up for grabs weekly,

Cryptic

Juniors
I've heard some more things about it... Apparantly there will be some announcement this week in regards to it... (Stuart coaching that is)

Green Evil

Juniors
My thinking is the 2013 team should look something like this:

1. Dugan
2. Earl
3. Croker
4. Wighton
5. Ferguson
6. Campese
7. Williams
8. Shillington
9. McIllwrick (or we buy a hooker from another club. John Morris could be an option)
10. White
11. Thompson
12. Papalii
13. Fensom

14. McCrone
15. Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Nicholls or Vaughan
17. Kennedy

mongoose

Coach

Cryptic

Juniors
If Stuart comes he can't be at the helm alone... The guy is a liability in so many areas and it's not like his resume is fantastic:

Won a premiership with a Roosters team that was never going to lose it even if Elliot had been coaching it...
Got sacked, twice
Lost the Tri-Nations
Lost the World Cup
Lost the SoS, twice

I really don't see why people think he would be our saviour...

legend

Coach
Give me Daniel Anderson or Steve Folkes. Neither would bother me but all I know is change is needed after four years of pitiful results. It has me aspiring to mediocrity so you know things aren't good...

If Stuart comes he can't be at the helm alone... The guy is a liability in so many areas and it's not like his resume is fantastic:

Won a premiership with a Roosters team that was never going to lose it even if Elliot had been coaching it...
Got sacked, twice
Lost the Tri-Nations
Lost the World Cup
Lost the SoS, twice

I really don't see why people think he would be our saviour...

It's the prodigal son thing. Personally it really bothered me seeing Ricky coach the Roosters back in 02-06. Seeing him wearing white shirts with red white n blue ties really irked me. Remember when he came out in 03 and called McLinden a diver? That really pissed me off. Seeing one our all time greats rip into our current players was hard to handle.

It would be great to see him back in Raiders colours. He should never have been chucked out in 98 anyway. He should have been allowed to retire at the Raiders on his own terms.

His name will attract players to our club. We haven't had a coach that's been able to do that since Sheens.

He certainly wouldn't do any worse than Furner, Henry or Elliott.