What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Ratings Watch

undertaker

Coach
I believe the Sea Eagles/Tigers match will be broadcasted live into QLD, correct (hence making it the first Thursday night game that isn't delayed into QLD)?

I know this will sound unfair on those few genuine Broncos supporters on this forum, but I would love to see them have a very bad season just to see that ugly, smirky frown on Gyngell et al. I know there's many on this forum (even Broncos supporters) who are sick and tired of seeing their team on most Friday nights (and believes that the Cowboys and Titans should get more QLD Friday night matches) and a terrible season to the Broncos will not only probably mean the end of Anthony Griffin:lol:, but more importantly will make Ch9 reluctant to stack their FTA distribution predominantly in one or two clubs. I know the situation where every team gets the exact number of FTA games will never happen, but there does need to be a MORE even distribution amongst the 16 teams. NZ Warriors however are least affected by the FTA distribution, since Warriors fans in NZ can watch all of their matches on Sky Sports in NZ (and furthermore, LIVE, including the Ch9 Sunday match which is only delayed in Australia). So, it doesn't surprise me much if only less than a handful of their matches are covered by Ch9. For the other 15 Australian teams though it's a different story

Although I don't want to see the Broncos have a bad season (although I think I probably already am)...

...I agree with every word of this post.

elbusto

Coach
Excellent GEM ratings - Bloody good ratings overall. And the Fox Ratings for Doggies Souths will be awesome as well.

Flapper

First Grade
I think it shows that people in Perth might watch it if the live games weren't at 5:30pm like they are over there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think it shows that people in Perth might watch it if the live games weren't at 5:30pm like they are over there.

We were getting 20k for the Sunday game when on 9. That has dropped to 3-5k on gem. Having said that when you get to small numbers the statistical sampling rate is so poor it is pretty much guesswork. We have 500 measuring boxes in WA ie one box for every approx five thousand people. Now if it happened that the sample group included four RL families the ratings would be much much higher!

undertaker

Coach

Very good ratings for Sydney (400k+ is expected for Friday nights), outstanding ratings for Brisbane. Brisbane's ratings have been a little lacklustre over the past year or so, so to get 350k+ for a regular season match is amazing.

Hopefully next Friday night's fixtures - the bigger QLD derby of Broncos/Cowboys and the grudge match between SBW and his old club - could yield close to 900k in Sydney and Brisbane combined. Not to mention, the regional figures in both NSW and QLD will be interesting.

Last edited:

Latest posts