What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Round 2 :: Ninja's vs Souths

NINJAS 313

Joshie - Untitled (652)
Only just hitting the no penalty barrier yet you didn't put a heading in?
First thing I noticed, punctuation is poor. Most of the lines don't even have full stops.
The basic entry of the article shows very little depth in the writing, sorry but this isn't a memorable one. I know it's a harsh score, but it reflects on how rushed it looks.

JamesGould - Assassin (750)
While this is written well (watch out where you place grammar points though), it doesn't really go anywhere until the last line. It could be seen as a massive hit-or-miss moment. If it misses, the whole article does.

gUt - A Life In League - Part 2 (750)
Well written, quite enjoyable. I marked this one without seeing Part 1 (or remembering it...did I mark it?) The article has to have merit on it's own, and it did. Good storytelling.

Eozsmiles - Winners Versus Losers (750)
I don't like giving advice (oh what am I kidding) but if you wrote this yourself with no help, you should help team-mates with double-checking the little bits such as grammar that can get costly in points. It turns good teams into great teams, and I say this to you because not only do you use big words (niiice) but the whole article has a bit of a professional feel about it.

RABBITOHS 410

Tommy Smith - Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants (750)
A great read, well researched. As a history buff, this article excites me, but we'll talk about that another time.

Lambretta - Welcome To The Future (748)
It's quite quirky despite how confused I was reading the opening sentence. Then again, cat food tins confuse me. I feel that the ending took me away from that alternate world you created especially for me. It didn't fit perfect, but still very good.

soc123_au - Laurie's Folly (746)
I disagree with much of it, but that's not why I'm here...or is it! Well written opinion piece about the New South Wales side, cause of much debate throughout the years.

Monk - It Is But A Rhyme (749)
A bit weird to see the same thing written six times. Taking out five of them would put you below the penalty mark. Still pretty solid parodies you've got there.

Horrie Is God - I Won "Kid Lotto" (672)
Definitely an enjoyable article. I see that it was a massive rush to get this one out, with your IRL things going on, you've done well. I can't mark you differently though, sad to say. Big problem is grammar. A lone "I" should be capital, and there should be a space after each comma and full stop. There are about sixty instances of this, so it wouldn't have affected the Word Count. Great job giving it a go, I wish I could give it a score higher than this.

NINJAS 313-410 RABBITOHS
POTM - Tommy Smith
A hard game to mark. I have said this to many people, but each serious team should have someone who can proof read the article. It was a big reason to getting South Sydney to the Grand Final last year.

Monk

Referee
Congrats to Tommy for getting POTM in his debut. Awesome stuff!

Congrats on getting the win and the bonus point Souths. You all did awesome.

Hard luck Ninja's, we'll likely see you again come finals time.

gUt

Coach
Thanks Souths, thanks NT. Don't think you marked Part 1 but it's there in the other thread if you're interested.

Don't think we'll be around in the finals sadly, I think we've peaked with the Willow Cup. Think too many of our team have too much going on IRL. Still we'll plug away...

jamesgould

Juniors
There's still two games left gUt, don't give up till the fat lady sings!

Well played Souths, and at least someone enjoyed my article! :lol:

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Thanks Ninjas & NT. great story Tommy, well deserved POTM award. Special thanks to our grammar nazi Bubbles as well.

eozsmiles

Bench
Well played Souths and congratulations Tommy. Well deserved.

Thanks to the ref. Always appreciated :)

Tommy Smith

Referee
Great game everybody. Some wonderful reads from both teams. I'm glad to have contributed well on my first attempt.

And thanks referee for giving your time.

Onwards and upwards Souths! Never thought i'd say that lol

Lambretta

First Grade
Happy with my score - Mrs Lamb hated the article lol

I knew the final paragraph was weak, but I wanted to tie it in to the thing that gave me the idea in the first place. Also realised too late that I needed some form of explanation at the beginning rather than waiting for people to work out what was going on.

Monk

Referee
Backpacker Award Points

3pts : 89 : - Tommy Smith
2pts : 88 : - eozsmiles
1pts : 87 : - Lambretta

Latest posts