What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 US Open

Big Sam

First Grade
Federer 7th seed. First time he's not been a top 4 seed since 2003 I think.

Here are the top 10 seeds:

1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Murray
4. Ferrer
5. Berdych
6. del Potro
7. Federer
8. Gasquet
9. Wawrinka
10. Raonic

Could be quite an open tournament. It's not unrealistic to think that any of the top 7 (minus Ferrer) could take it out.

ek999

First Grade
Tsonga not playing?

Could have a new number 1 after this. Nadal wins it and Djokavic doesn't make the final and Nadal will be number 1 by my calculations. Didn't realise Federer has slipped behind Berdych and Del Potro in the rankings either

Apey

Staff member
Jeebus I've been out of the loop for while. Nadal back to #2 and Federer #7? :crazy:

Xfactor1979

Bench
The least appealing grand slam in terms of our time zone

The night sessions are ok though as they are on during breakfast time over here

ek999

First Grade
Tomic won in 5 sets in the first round. Gets to play a qualifier in round 2 who beat Kei Nishikori in the first round. Ashleigh Barty also won her first round match. Ashleigh is still only 17 or 18 isn't she? Going to be one of the top players in the world in a few years IMO

Xfactor1979

Bench
What happened to the daily highlights package from Flushing Meadows?

I cant bare to watch the highlights of each and every match, Wimbledon, Roland Garros and Melbourne has the bite sized highlights package for quick consumption

Apey

Staff member
I don't get why they always refer to it as an upset when Stosur loses...

Last edited:

BDR

First Grade
So when Hewitt loses to del Potro that's all the Aussies out already? Poor state of affairs.

Apey

Staff member
Lost his serve to win the 2nd set. Therefore he will lose 3 sets to 1.

Wizardman

First Grade
Hewitt has not been my favourite sportsman over the years, but I absolutely admire his determination to win.

The best competitior I have ever seen in any sport.

Apey

Staff member
Haha wow I can't believe it. Once he lost that 2nd set I thought it was over.