What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013: Who should join Carney in the halves?

2013: Who should join Carney in the halves?

• Total voters

age.s

First Grade
So the consensus was that Pearce had a pretty poor series, has been given enough time to stamp his authority on the position but hasn't done so. His kicking game and 5th tackle options were abysmal all series (not just when the forwards were getting smashed), Farah was our main creative outlet, and our line looked disorganized and shabby in attack.

But we'll still need an Origin standard 7. Assuming we give Carney another shot and that we can stick a 6 or 7 on his back, who would you have partner him in the halves?

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
You list 16 options, including many who will never get near origin, yet leave out campese?

perverse

Referee
Tonnes of options without any real standout. Whoever is playing better of Maloney, Mullen, Campese or Soward for mine. In all 4 of these cases you would probably have to move Carney to halfback. Sezer and both Reynolds will still be a year off in my book... we've made enough blunders with young halves. Unless they are absolutely shredding the comp up and demanding selection over others, I would wait with them.

age.s

First Grade
You list 16 options, including many who will never get near origin, yet leave out campese?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knew I'd forget somebody. :crazy:

Can't edit poll. Just pick other I guess.

Campese > Carney, and by quite a distance. Even with 1 leg.

Carney should have been deregistered permanently in 2009. He shouldn't be able to play rep footy in the first place. F*ck him.

Joely01

Bench
Soward mainly because of his kicking game. I rate it in the top 3 in the comp. the other two are playing 6 and 7 for QLD.

Id go:
6. Carney
7. Soward

Nightward

Juniors
Wallace never did anything to merit being dropped in the first place. It seriously messed with his head and psychologically he is just starting to get back to where he was at the time.

This is a bloke who literally gave up a nut playing for his state. If he was a Queenslander he would still be getting picked when he was 80 and mobile only with the aid of a powered wheelchair.

Bench
Wallace

By a mile
Maloney has it all over Wallace and Pearce and Carney for that matter,and he also runs the hard lines in attack,something both our halves were devoid of in all 3 games.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'm sure Pearce is on the brink of contributing. Give him one more year I say...

Three seasons minimum. Need to let him learn the game and get experience and then after ten in a row, they can bring Sticky Stuart or Joey out of retirement.

Meth

Staff member
I can't see a halves combination that will compete with Thurston/Cronk anywhere on the NSW horizon.

Latest posts