What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NFL Draft News

ParraSteve

Juniors
Well Manziel is a texas boy, and I think Keenum and Manziel played in similiar schemes in College.

Was just reading about him, Browns fans are looking at him but perhaps Cowboys could nap him (we really need to start looking at a future QB).
FWIW I think Manziel goes to Texans, Jacksonville takes Bridgewater and the Browns grab Bortles.
There's a chance that Bridgewater falls to Browns because Bortles is from Florida but I don't think so.

Also I'm interested in McCarron, I believe he's a bit more capable than McElroy (Bama's last QB) think whoever drafts him (likely in 2nd-3rd) might get a steal.

Browns could even nab Bridgewater at #2 if they trade up, hoping they dont and he falls to the jags

DC_fan

Coach
Well Manziel is a texas boy, and I think Keenum and Manziel played in similiar schemes in College.

Was just reading about him, Browns fans are looking at him but perhaps Cowboys could nap him (we really need to start looking at a future QB).
FWIW I think Manziel goes to Texans, Jacksonville takes Bridgewater and the Browns grab Bortles.
There's a chance that Bridgewater falls to Browns because Bortles is from Florida but I don't think so.

Also I'm interested in McCarron, I believe he's a bit more capable than McElroy (Bama's last QB) think whoever drafts him (likely in 2nd-3rd) might get a steal.

Garoppolos problem could be that while he has put up great numbers he did it mostly against lower standard opposition.

You are right its time for Dallas to be looking for a young qb to groom behind Romo. I think the team will look at that in the mid to late rounds of the draft.

I am not sure about Bortles. Wouldn't surprise me if his present high ranking drops before the draft.

Shorty

Staff member
Garoppolos problem could be that while he has put up great numbers he did it mostly against lower standard opposition.

You are right its time for Dallas to be looking for a young qb to groom behind Romo. I think the team will look at that in the mid to late rounds of the draft.

I am not sure about Bortles. Wouldn't surprise me if his present high ranking drops before the draft.

Yeah they are all 'sitters' in this draft the only guy that could play straight away is Bridgewater.
I think a lot of them turn out well if they sit for a year.

nick87

Coach
I've just finished watching some cuts of FS Calvin Pryor on Eagles Message Board, and im increasingly liking the idea of taking him @ 22 if he's there. Dude can seriously hit, takes good angles, puts his shoulders on the ball and gets guys down, the eagles havent have a guy like that since Dawk left.

His coverage is a bit meh, positionally he is sometimes not where he should be, but he's can make plays on the ball and positioning in coverage can be coached up. I do wonder if he's not going to be a better SS than FS though based on his skill set (which is fine because the eagles have a need at every secondary position that isnt slot corner)

Shorty

Staff member
I actually like the look of Mike Evans and think he'll go higher than projected.

Hoekstra

Juniors
Those rankings look fairly in line with other pundits. I think Carr will move up the chart above Bortles after the combine. I think he's athletic ability will help the shift. Man I'd love for the Browns to draft Hyde. We need a beast to pound the rock.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Mayock had his conference call today, might be up somewhere already.

He said what everyone in Pittsburgh is saying, Nix is a good fit but don't see them drafting a guy 1st to play <50% of snaps and the team is fairly happy with McLendon, now the draftniks might catch on and stop mocking him to the Steelers.

gronkathon

First Grade
Found a site where you can simulate the draft. Just pick a team and pick how many rounds you want to do. Results tend to vary, but more often than not it seems to go the way you think it should.

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

That was pretty fun.

Did the first 4 rounds for the Eagles and got

R1 S CALVIN PRYOR LOUISVILLE
R2 CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY FLORIDA
R3 G CYRIL RICHARDSON BAYLOR
R4 OLB PRINCE SHEMBO NOTRE DAME

ggmu

Juniors
Did 2 rounds with the Ravens. Got marquise lee and Travis Swanson would be pretty happy with that irl.

nick87

Coach
That was pretty fun.

Did the first 4 rounds for the Eagles and got

R1 S CALVIN PRYOR LOUISVILLE
R2 CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY FLORIDA
R3 G CYRIL RICHARDSON BAYLOR
R4 OLB PRINCE SHEMBO NOTRE DAME

I did this a few days ago:
S HA?SEAN CLINTON-DIX
ALABAMA

OLB JEREMIAH ATTAOCHU
GEORGIA TECH

ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD

WR JOSH HUFF
OREGON

CB DEION BELUE
ALABAMA

CB CHRIS DAVIS
AUBURN

G TRAI TURNER
LSU

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'd love for the Browns to draft Manziel and Hyde. Just the tonic the offense needs and much better than the disastrous Richardson-Weeden double act from the 2012 1st round.

Still can't believe we received a 1st round pick for Richardson!!

nick87

Coach
Just finished reading that Mayock break down... man they guy is like an encyclopedia

Latest posts