What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

DeeJ

Bench
The sponsor integration for those ISC/Marvel jerseys is fantastic. I would have had NQ as Wolverine though for the blue and yellow.

Lambretta

First Grade
What i find surprising or alarming even is they only made a $2000 profit last year with revenue around the $20mil mark...........

Because they have a lot of expenses

They made a loss in the previous year and paying interest on loans from that is is deductible against the earnings for example

Rent on the grounds, players salaries, staff salaries, Blake fergusons' how not to be an utter douchebag courses etc. They all bite into the profits :eek:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
What i find surprising or alarming even is they only made a $2000 profit last year with revenue around the $20mil mark...........

As you will see if you read the article, the leagues club grant was only 900k last year,

as opposed to $3.5m the year before...

No point handing over another 3.5M from the left hand to the right, when you can keep it in a tax haven like a registered club

bileduct

Coach
I might be a little biased, but I think the Raiders kit is by far the best. The Roosters one is a worthy runner up, though.

ShaneO85

Juniors
i would have bought the wolverine one if it was the cows jersey... no way in hell could i ever bring myself to buy a manly jersey... the roosters one is pretty good but again it is a roosters jersey and the sames goes for st merge... so it looks like i may end up buying my first ever raiders jersey...

LeagueNut

First Grade
Penrith Bathurst jersey for next Saturday's game:

BsfLDqOCIAAYHfs.jpg
Looks like a Kiwis jersey to me. Is it black or dark green?

GAZF

First Grade
I know a fair few who want one. Not to have a go at you mate cause you know I like your stuff but yourself and few others on here need to realise just cause you think it's tacky or compromising our brand doesn't make it gospel. You look at how popular comics and comic book movies are these days. If they help get new fans on board is that a good thing?

And I get the whole marketing angle of mass merchandising. But its getting to be a one way street. I haven't liked any Raiders jersey released since 2009 - not because I'm uncompromising with the design, but that I think everything we've put out is poorly executed. Haven't bought a Raiders jersey in 5 years as a result. I see other teams hitting it out of the park across all sports and it shits me that the Raiders can't get a green jersey right, let alone having a mish-mash of one-offs (particularly commercial ones this year). We're already an unappealing club without compromising what could be a solid brand; it feels really cheap at the moment.

100%green

Juniors
And I get the whole marketing angle of mass merchandising. But its getting to be a one way street. I haven't liked any Raiders jersey released since 2009 - not because I'm uncompromising with the design, but that I think everything we've put out is poorly executed. Haven't bought a Raiders jersey in 5 years as a result. I see other teams hitting it out of the park across all sports and it shits me that the Raiders can't get a green jersey right, let alone having a mish-mash of one-offs (particularly commercial ones this year). We're already an unappealing club without compromising what could be a solid brand; it feels really cheap at the moment.

To a degree I agree. The only ones I wasn't a massive fan of were the retros we wore that we lime green with the white collar. Other than that I think ours have been fairly ok.

I think we have missed the boat in some ways for the one off even jerseys. Our one pink one was awful and poorly marketed and as a result sold pooly. The Brain Injury one before that was ok and sold well. The ANZAC one was amazing and a huge hit (still to this day think Canberra v New Zealand makes a better ANZAC game but Melbourne had the vision to jump on that before we did). So I don't mind us getting a few special jerseys and think it helps us in the merch sales as green is not everyone's cup of tea.

I still think our off field range is and has been for some time a joke. We should be aiming to have our ranges like we did in 2010. Green, Navy and White. Add some grey to it and our ranges will be so much better than they have been.