What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
These are this years WC Pirates SG Ball kit. Do you think IF we get a club these are the colours and designs we should stick with?

984149_10204176748717730_159771669780296660_n.jpg

I like it, the only thing I'd change is to remove the side-panels. The iconic chevron design is a good idea in a new market too.

Home: Using state colours is good. I'd like to see the black+gold reversed though, as we already have so many black jerseys in the comp and might get hot to play in at home.

Away: I like this too, if only because we have so few red jerseys these days.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
They all look like RU jerseys to me!
stripes = Union chevrons = league. Weird sublination patterns = everyone now a days. Sure there are soe cross overs but on the whole the chevrons are most associated with RL jerseys.

Yes, screw brand differentiation....

Why even call the team the Pirates? use something more "rugby league" like the Rabbitohs or the Eels or the Dragons. Who cares that it would be exactly the same as other teams. Thats the point of a brand anyway; to be exactly the same as everyone else.

Isnt it?? :roll::roll::roll:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I have no idea what your talking about Dr lol.

Lockyer here is this years WA state rep jersey, you mentioned reversed main gold with black

10487226_257425747795958_8556233896482799656_n.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I have no idea what your talking about Dr lol.

Put it this way...

In the NRL, 10 teams have some variation of a 'V's as their main design. Of the last 6, 2 have 'V's as their alternate. That is just in 2014!!

Is another 'V' really what the NRL needs?? And is it really a good idea for a new team in Perth to design a brand exactly the same as every other team in the NRL?!?!

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I think I'm in the minority in terms of the Panthers fans on this board, but I like the pink as a permanent away jersey.....except the WIL round and pretty much everyone else playing in pink at least once kind of ruins it a little. If there was no WIL, I wouldn't hesitate to support a pink away jersey. But not at the moment.

No doubt we need to choose a colour scheme and core design and bloody well stick to it.

Black main with X trim
White away with black trim
X alternate with white trim
Pink for WIL only

I like the current idea of a jersey with thin lines across it. Let's keep that a while, settle on color X, and build some awareness.

Oh and get rid of the damn huge Panther on the white jersey.

Saint Doc

Coach
What about a West Coast jersey with a "W" instead of a "V"?

Seriously, I think it could work. It would need to be a wide W, with a shallow middle, but there would be potential I think - unique, stylish and representing the area

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
What about a West Coast jersey with a "W" instead of a "V"?

Seriously, I think it could work. It would need to be a wide W, with a shallow middle, but there would be potential I think - unique, stylish and representing the area

May look a bit like saggy tits. Just saying..

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Put it this way...

In the NRL, 10 teams have some variation of a 'V's as their main design. Of the last 6, 2 have 'V's as their alternate. That is just in 2014!!

Is another 'V' really what the NRL needs?? And is it really a good idea for a new team in Perth to design a brand exactly the same as every other team in the NRL?!?!

Sure it's a trend atm but how many of those clubs will still be using chevrons in a couple of years when the WCP enter the comp?

Flapper

First Grade
They all look like RU jerseys to me!
stripes = Union chevrons = league. Weird sublination patterns = everyone now a days. Sure there are soe cross overs but on the whole the chevrons are most associated with RL jerseys.

Not to mention using the Pirates colours as hoops has been done by Waikato Rugby Union for a long long time. Any attempt to hoopify a Pirates kit would look like a straight ripoff.

Lambretta

First Grade
Should we really be advocating yet another change for Penrith? They've pretty much used every colour possible since 1967.

That does fit in with their rainbow ethos, so yes - lets change their colours wholesale every season.

Latest posts