What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Playing Roster

strider

Post Whore
i think its a bit unrealistic to expect a signing to not get announced to the media by some merkin for up to 10'ish weeks ....... someone from somewhere would tell the media at some point - they would have been all over it knowing something was going on for weeks

parra pete

Referee
You're the one always going on about how little contracts mean these days. One of your golden boys signed one. Then shat on it.
So, I suppose you are right.

Suity

Totally agree...Signing a contract means SFA...With Josh Papalli, the thing is it wasn't a contract until Round 13...it was just a piece of paper...I don't make up the rules...
He is a golden boy too....on that we agree...Bad luck, but the Eels missed out on him because they couldn't keep it secret.....

Jodeci

Bench
i think its a bit unrealistic to expect a signing to not get announced to the media by some merkin for up to 10'ish weeks ....... someone from somewhere would tell the media at some point - they would have been all over it knowing something was going on for weeks

So the leaks will always be there one way or another

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Totally agree...Signing a contract means SFA...With Josh Papalli, the thing is it wasn't a contract until Round 13...it was just a piece of paper...I don't make up the rules...
He is a golden boy too....on that we agree...Bad luck, but the Eels missed out on him because they couldn't keep it secret.....

I just told you we made all that noise to pressure the Raiders into paying market price for him.

Judging by all the players Canberra are unable to retain for next year (including Milford) it worked. They probably would have been better off letting Papalii go.

IFR33K

Coach

:lol::lol:

You think if we don't announce it, the Canberra officials were never going to find out about it?

You don't think this was a ploy by papalli or his agent to extract a few extra $$$ from the club.

Surely you can't be that gullible?

Suitman

Post Whore

No, we missed out on him because your golden boy has no moral scruples.

Suity

Parra Pride

Coach
I just told you we made all that noise to pressure the Raiders into paying market price for him.

Judging by all the players Canberra are unable to retain for next year (including Milford) it worked. They probably would have been better off letting Papalii go.

Milford potentially leaving Canberra has nothing to do with them not being able to afford him, especially considering he is contracted for next season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Milford potentially leaving Canberra has nothing to do with them not being able to afford him, especially considering he is contracted for next season.

Mate, if Canberra could afford to offer him as much as the Broncos are waving in his face do you reckon he would still be 'homesick'?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Based on the EMD from the former CEO one month ago today and what I have seen posted since, I have us with an "official" squad for 2014 of 37 currently. This is still including the ones we think have signed elsewhere such as Reni and Blair.

Anybody got any updates to this?

2014 PLAYER LIST @ 5th August 2013:
Will Hopoate
Corey Norman
Gareth Hock (may not be coming)
Lee Mossop
Manu Mau
Jarryd Hayne
Jacob Loko
Mitchell Allgood
Ryan Morgan
Kelepi Tanginoa
Kaysa Pritchard
Peni Terepo
Junior Paulo
Pauli Pauli
Zach-Dockar Clay
Tyrell Fuimaino
Tepai Moeroa
Joseph Ualesi
Daniel Alvaro
Reni Maitua (Doggies bound?)
Ben Smith (may retire)
Luke Kelly
Api Pewhairangi
Cheyse Blair (Manly bound?)
Daniel Harrison
Lorenzo Maafu
Tim Mannah
Darcy Lussick
Fuifui Moimoi
Ken Sio
Joseph Paulo
Brayden Wiliame
Chris Sandow
Jake Mullaney
Ken Edwards
Nathan Peats
Brendan Santi

Take away the 4 I have commented on and we are at 33.
Not much room to move on any more signings.

I need the big picture before I can provide my 2014 predictions.

You've left out some important info................

1. Who is our 2014 ground announcer? The right announcer can psychologically impair the opposition, raise the passion of our fans/supporters and inspire our squads to great heights. This goes right against the grain of the f**kwit we've had for the past few years who has made deaf many fans, bored to sleep many others and raised the ire of supporters who spent matches dreaming of how to destroy the pa system or kill him which made them forget about concentrating on our decrepit squads who really needed their love.

2. Who are the 2014 cheerleaders? - need photos of legs, asses, breasts and smiles.

3. Who are the ball boys? We need two Andrew Johns like smart-arses throwing jibes ("so you're the next Peter Sterling") at opposition goal kickers, captains, ball players, organisers and captains before and during games.

Last edited:

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
You're the one always going on about how little contracts mean these days. One of your golden boys signed one. Then shat on it.
So, I suppose you are right.

Suity

That cockheads commitment to a contract is similar to that of a turncoat supporter . All I can hope for Josh is a career plagued with injury .

Absolutely spot on

We shouldn't have announced anything with Papalii

Learning curve for the club

I have no problem with us announcing it.......it's not as if the Raiders weren't going to find out, and keep it a secret.

If it is true (I've heard a million forumites make the claim...nothing official) that we agreed a signing bonus that was not contingent on his contract being registered with NRL, then that is the height of amateurism.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No, we missed out on him because your golden boy has no moral scruples.

Suity
:lol: Amazing at how Pete's opinion changes on this when one of his boys from the good hard working country club are involved. Papalii was never coming here he used us to up price so Canberra would have to play market price. If we hadn't of announced it his grubby manager would have leaked it . Looks like karma is coming there way with the loss of Milford.

IFR33K

Coach
The squad is shaping up nicely.

Another outside back, apart from tonga, and I'll be content with that team. RS has done an excellent job considering the mess he walked into. Another two of three signings next year, and we should have a very competitive side for '15. All we need now, is for the boys to have belief in the coach and execute his plan. A couple more wins to see out the year would be good.

If he fails, and is punted, at least the coach has improved the squad.

Jodeci

Bench
The squad is shaping up nicely.

Another outside back, apart from tonga, and I'll be content with that team. RS has done an excellent job considering the mess he walked into. Another two of three signings next year, and we should have a very competitive side for '15. All we need now, is for the boys to have belief in the coach and execute his plan. A couple more wins to see out the year would be good.

If he fails, and is punted, at least the coach has improved the squad.

Tonga will be extending his stay with us

Chipmunk

Coach
Mate, if Canberra could afford to offer him as much as the Broncos are waving in his face do you reckon he would still be 'homesick'?

I think of I was the Raiders I would re-negotiate his contract now. Give him a brand new 4 year deal from the start of next season. His family issue appears to be temporary, that will probably be resolved in 18 months time and his family will be in a position to move to Canberra then as they had intended. In 2014 the Raiders either do one of two things, they play him only in their feeder team at Souths Logan or they do something very out of left field and "loan" him out to either the Broncos or the Titans, who pay his salary for 2014, with an expectation that he returns to the Raiders in 2015.. There is obviously no precedence for the second option in the NRL, but I dont see why it couldnt be done.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If it is true (I've heard a million forumites make the claim...nothing official) that we agreed a signing bonus that was not contingent on his contract being registered with NRL, then that is the height of amateurism.

I don't believe it.

The fact so many people are saying the same thing just means they are repeating the story they heard in the same place.

The reason they believe it is because they want to believe it - merkins love to be outraged over shit.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't believe it.

The fact so many people are saying the same thing just means they are repeating the story they heard in the same place.

The reason they believe it is because they want to believe it - merkins love to be outraged over shit.

I did read in either the smh/telecrap he was paid a bonus (or lend some money from his contract ) which he had not repaid