What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Team

Pomoz

Bench
Why are you putting Grant on the bench franklin? Hes been down on form but injury free should be by far our best prop and should be starting. Kingston was eventually re-signed but he was shown the door to start which says Ivan/Gus were confident in Segs starting. Hopefully we can shed Kingston from the side allowing two second rowers on the bench.
Yep, he should be, but this year he wasn't. I think he got distracted by SOO and started reading his own press. Plummy just rolled his sleeves up and got on with it. That's what Tim needs to do in the off season. Put the work in Tim and deliver what you are truly capable of.

franklin2323

Immortal
Why are you putting Grant on the bench franklin?

Not my preference but the best use of what I think will be picked.His best games this year were off the bench.

Does anyone not think full strength props will be Plum/Kite/McKendry/Grant? That being the case Kite/Plum start do the hard work & then bring on Grant/McKendry.

Murraymob it's why I think Peachey will play centre atleast early on. Too good for NSW Cup

murraymob

Coach
robinson and how he comes back from his neck injury may well factor on where he stands in the bench running.If he starts the season late i can see him falling behind a host of talented footballers

franklin2323

Immortal
Murraymob. Not just backrow. Assuming the team goes as predicted Naiqama, Roberts & John will be waiting. No guarantee they will lose their spot if they get a game.

Team I think Ivan will pick:
Moylan.
Mansour.
Peachey.
Whare.
Simmons.
Wallace.
Soward.
Kite.
Kingston.
Plum.
Brown.
Manu.
Taylor:

Segeyaro.
Grant.
McKendry.
Docker/Robinson

My team:
Moylan.
Mansour.
Roberts.
Whare.
Simmons.
John.
Soward.
Kite/Plum.
Wallace.
Manu.
Brown.
Robinson.
Taylor:
Segeyaro.
Grant.
McKendry.
Peachey

ACTPanthers

Bench
My team:
Moylan.
Mansour.
Roberts.
Whare.
Simmons.
John.
Soward.
Kite/Plum.
Wallace.
Manu.
Brown.
Robinson.
Taylor:
Segeyaro.
Grant.
McKendry.
Peachey

I'm extremely glad you're not picking the side then....

A proven 5/8 at halfback, a proven halfback at hooker, and arguably our 2 best props starting off the bench... :shock: Not having a go mate but that just makes no sense at all

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm extremely glad you're not picking the side then....

A proven 5/8 at halfback, a proven halfback at hooker, and arguably our 2 best props starting off the bench... :shock: Not having a go mate but that just makes no sense at all

It's cool others will be different. Soward said he wants to play 7. He plays terrible if he's not happy given these days 7 and 6 are virtually the same it's something small but can keep him in the right mind.

Proven halfback? He couldn't even make halfback in a weak Broncos team has great defence, Can kick but is very slow and doesn't take the line on better suited to hooker these days.

Fifita is Sharks best yet off the bench. Moi Moi best at Parra often off the bench. Grant was great when he came off the bench was pretty average aside from that. why chane what worked? McKendry used to be a great offloade work on that and have them as impact props. Wont be a Masoe or a Fifita but certainly better then Kite or Plum off the bench. who offer nothing more then great metres and good defence. Get Plum in early with bruising defence then have some impact of the bench

Last edited:
Id go one of Sam or Tim starting on the bench.
Seg has to be hooker and playing 80mins every game.
Soward in 6 or 7 makes no difference its pretty much just a number.

meek

Juniors
I would like to see Segs starting, Peachey on the bench and Kingston in The Wolves.

My Bench:

Kite
Mckendry
Docker
Peachey

agree Kingston shouldn't be anywhere near first grade next year baring injuries

silly resigning him - given the talented players arriving

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ivan does not change much.

I expect a hooker rotation of Kingston and Segeyaro.

4 props rotating.

Peachey to releave backrowers.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ivan does not change much.

I expect a hooker rotation of Kingston and Segeyaro.

4 props rotating.

Peachey to releave backrowers.

Yep. People expecting different have clearly watched a different coach. I expect Brown or Peachey centre though

Different opinions are good but anyone who doesn't have Cartwright on the bench in round 1 is wrong. He's everything our forwards lacked this year. Don't hold our best junior since Freddy back

murraymob

Coach
Different opinions are good but anyone who doesn't have Cartwright on the bench in round 1 is wrong. He's everything our forwards lacked this year. Don't hold our best junior since Freddy back

his development is on track no need to rush him A lot of people are selecting james roberts in there team.He needs a lot of improvment on his involment and ball handling before he makes it into the centers

Seg in my team is playing 80mins with 4 forwards on the bench, two are Peachey and Cartwright who both play the last 15-20mins of each half. They woukd run riot

maple_69

Bench
I just think those guys are going to be stars, why not give Cherrington and VTK a crack before they find themselves behind 8 backrowers. Lets not forget VTK was every bit as impressive as Cartwright in 20s and really found his feet in Nsw cup towards the end of the year and could still be a star.

franklin2323

Immortal
Seg in my team is playing 80mins with 4 forwards on the bench, two are Peachey and Cartwright who both play the last 15-20mins of each half. They woukd run riot

I would have the same. Peachey/Brown & Taylor can cover if Seg needs a break. Ivan won't agree you can look in our starting backrow, prop rotation Kingston & halves

That aside ATM VTK & Cherrington are in front of Cartwright & a few others. Aside from the certainites Brown/Manu/Taylor the rest are a toss of the coin job.

chrisD

Coach
Moylan
Mansour
Roberts
Whare
Simmons
Peachey
Soward
Grant
Segs
Kite
Manu
Cartwright
Taylor

Foster
McKendry
Plum
Brown

murraymob

Coach
roberts may be in first grade on the wing but no way at this point should he be in the centers.He is not even standing out in the u20 team

murraymob

Coach
if his hands are not good enough for wing how will it be for centers where he has to catch it even more.

Karnivayne

Juniors
1. M Moylan
2. J Mansour
3. K Naiqama
4. D Whare
5. D Simmons
6. J Soward
7. P Wallace
8. T Grant
9. K Kingston
10. B Kite