What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015/16 NBA season

shiznit

Coach
I listen to a lot of Bay Area podcasts due to being an Oakland Raiders fan...

So I've been getting dubs view of this whole thing... And from listening to today's podcasts it's pretty dire...

I think the most interesting thing I heard was a from Matt Steinmetz who's covers the Warriors for NBC... He made a good point that OKC have been in the WCF 3 or 4 of the last 5 seasons and he felt that they reminded him a lot of the Pistons who spent years trying to overcome the Celtics to finally get to the NBA finals or the Bulls who had to overcome the Pistons... he felt that overcoming that set them on the path to sustain long term success.

He made the point that the Warriors kind of jumped the queue a little bit last season which was aided by coming up against teams which were weakened by injuries... But he felt that now that they are in the middle of a down and dirty dogfight type of series with a team who are just as talented as they are they are finding it tough to hang in there with the more battle hardened thunder.

They went behind last season in the playoffs most notably in the finals vs the Cavs... But with the Cavs being down Love & Kyrie they were always overmatched against the Dubs... That isn't the case with this OKC team... The Warriors are now 3-1 behind a team just as talented as they are...

And with Westbrook who just looks like he wants to rip Steph's heart right out of his chest and eat it infront of him!!

I can't wait for Steph and the Dubs to answer them at the oracle...

Rod

Bench
Yeah, I kinda feel like the Warriors thought that coming back from 2-1 down against the Grizzlies and Cavs was coming back from adversity, when really it wasn't. Honestly I may be simplifying slightly but whether they even thought that all they had to do to get out of any situation was keep tossing up tough shots until they started going in, I'm not sure.

This is their first real test about facing proper adversity, having to come from 3-1 behind against a team playing out of their minds and even looks like they have their measure tactically.

andrew057

First Grade
Yeah but this isn't the freaking clippers...

This OKC team is about the only team in the league who can say they are just as if not more talented than the Warriors.

It just looks like Billy Donovan has managed to get them all rolling.

Yeah but this isn't the freaking rockets either.....

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. No one saw this coming.

shiznit

Coach
Bogut is the key for the Warriors IMO....

They need him to stay out of foul trouble and stay on court to combat OKC's length.

Aragorn

First Grade
3-2.

I still favour OKC, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if GSW clinched a close one at OKC before closing out at home in 7.

Crazy good series so far.

Wizardman

First Grade
This is looking like a very timid way for GSW to go out. The splash brothers need a huge 4th quarter here.

McLovin

Staff member
Teams that lead a Conference Final 3-1 are 37-2 in NBA history.
Not good odds for the Warriors.

Well if any team is going to get out of a situation like that, it's the Warriors. About to be 3-3 with game 7 at home.

shiznit

Coach
KD let his team down badly in this game...

Dubs are now strong favourites in game 7 and if they go through this could well define his career.

Really good stuff by GSW... The are showing that they can handle true adversity... As a true champion should.

McLovin

Staff member
I thought KD had a great game. Westbrook let them down, especially in the 4th..went missing

ByRd

First Grade
KD did not have a great game, he took a lot rushed and stupid shots and shot 10-31. He just looked panicked in the fourth and then Russ who had been playing well turned it over late and Klay then Steph just buried them along with some great D from Iggy.

What a choke job by the thunder, out scored 19-5 in last 5mins, I think Warriors will storm home in game 7 now