What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Asian Cup

Misanthrope

Staff member
Not gonna lie, I wept like a little bitch when the fulltime siren went. We have been far and away the most enterprising, entertaining team in the tournament (with special mention to a surprisingly good UAE). I'd have been gutted if we didn't win that.

So f**king proud.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Massive day for us. First country to hold both Asian club championship and Asian national team championship. Keeping in mind we're currently ranked 100... I wonder how many places in world rankings we'll jump?!

I know we will go up for sure. But we are better than 100, even before tonight's match.

Rabbits20

Immortal
i hate that iranian merkin

I couldn't stand him either. Terrible. Clearly hated Socceroos. Every few minutes got a bad call.

Kruse was in so much pain with an Achilles and yet he gets a yellow card!!

Should have had a penalty too. If it was South Korea they would have got the penalty for sure.

Big Sam

First Grade
Not gonna lie, I wept like a little bitch when the fulltime siren went. We have been far and away the most enterprising, entertaining team in the tournament (with special mention to a surprisingly good UAE). I'd have been gutted if we didn't win that.

So f**king proud.

Korea was excellent too. Not in an attacking sense but in being incredibly well organized and structured. Looked nothing like the rabble they were in Brazil.

Kruse was in so much pain with an Achilles and yet he gets a yellow card!!
That's probably the most disgusting refereeing decision I've ever seen on a sporting field. I know it's purely academic but I'd try to get that recinded. It's a slur on his character to say he was timewasting.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Korea will always be my second team. Having called the country home (and even attended a few South Korea matches), they have a special place in my heart. They were bloody impressive defensively and counter attacked well.

I do think that Australia were a better team than them overall, but they were arguably the more organised tonight.

Jimbo

Immortal
That goes without saying

It'll still be interesting to see how much they value a continental championship though

I'd be surprised if we're still the tenth best team in Asia, for starters

Jimbo

Immortal
Up to 63rd, but still 4th in Asia behind Iran (41), South Korea (54) and Japan (55)