What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Fullback

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So here's our options

#1 - Rowe retains the gig - he needs to bulk up and get his defence positioning a hell of a lot better. He also needs to time his passes a lot better

#2 - Simona - he'll need essentially the offseason to learn about positioning and bomb catching technique. Simona has proven to be a fast learner and has freakish ability. Given his powerful fend and hard running nature, He could prove to be every bit as good as Tedesco

#3 - Buy a new one. Who's on the market that is a) better than Rowe and b) not going to cost a fortune but will be good enough value.

gronkathon

First Grade
Simona would be my first choice but he is so good at centre.

I think Farrell & Moses will be next in line.

I hope it isn't Rowe. He just does not have "it"

Moses means Austin has a shot at retaining the 5/8 gig too which I like

That or try to get Christine Anu or Kevin Locke on board

super_coach

First Grade
You need a quality no1 to be a top four side. Rowe has improved but is only a fill in player at best.

We are very weak in the centre position so you put Simona back to no1, it leaves a big hole. Nofo is worth a try as he certainly good in the air, but once again he is probably better served on the wing

We could not offer Teddy a great deal, so attracting a player from outside I would imagine is out of the question, or should I say a class player from outside the club.

Interesting times ahead and certainly has taken some gloss off my expectations for the future.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder if Koroibete could be transformed into a centre.

he needs work on his tackling technique mostly, but if he could fix that, you'd remove the risk of him having to take bombs as often and stuffing it up.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
hell yeah. He's not scared to make tackles and to put some force into them. Thats 85% of the battle with improving defence.

he just has a tendancy to use his shoulder too much (given the new rules its a problem). If he could wraps his arms around and learn sliding defence, he could be more than capable of handling the role.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I wonder if you could sweet talk David Meade into seeking a release. He goes well at fullback but it seems that ZillmAn is Titans preferred option.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
he's not good at sliding in defence though, he tends to just charge up.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we can sign a really good right centre then I would vote Simona at fullback. Give him the off season to train in the position and Rowe can continue to develop so we have depth. Remember that Simona is off contract at the end of 2015 so there is always the chance we lose him as well.

If we can't get a centre, I doubt there is a fullback in market that the dogs wouldn't have already tried to snag. Either way, if this happens I want to see Simona at left edge, he's wasted on the right.

gronkathon

First Grade
We have a centre. Two of them Fine & Taukafa. The club has already applied for an exemption to bring him into the top squad in Moltzen's slot

Since Tedesco is leaving we can surely use that money to help prevent our club losing another young player like Simona.I think Locke could be a handy FB purchase for the WT but have a feeling they will continue to rely on Rowe and Moltzen.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I mentioned in the other thread but we should be contacting Zak Hardaker to see if he is keen to try his hand in the NRL. Other than one or two other options in the Super League or getting someone to break a contract (unlikely) there are not many outside options

Tigers Tale

Juniors
We have a Dally M fullback as our coach, if he can't give our fullback some tips no one will. No matter who gets the gig and I'd personally like to see Simona there, they really need to feed off the tips Potter throws their way.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Honest question - how different in comparison is 2013 Tedesco's form and Rowe's current form?
Teddy might be a bit faster but back then he had the same issues Rowe is having now (small frame, turnstyle tackling and not able to inject himself into the backline).
You never know, Rowe might develop into a very very good Fullback

Perth Tiger

Bench
Honest question - how different in comparison is 2013 Tedesco's form and Rowe's current form?
Teddy might be a bit faster but back then he had the same issues Rowe is having now (small frame, turnstyle tackling and not able to inject himself into the backline).
You never know, Rowe might develop into a very very good Fullback

Good point which is another point for keeping Rowe at fullback for the rest of the year in the hope that with a full off season he can have a similar impact next year as Teddy has this year. Rather than develop Teddy for the rest of the year and have to have 2015 as Rowe's development year

Latest posts