What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

insert.pause

First Grade
What a bunch of suck holes. Little wonder Broncos player shenanigans don't get reported up there. Nevertheless, a respectable design for once. At least they have the Nike logo where it should be and not yet another sponsor with Nike on the shoulders.

It costs them a few jerseys and they get some friendly media for a news cycle, why not!

The AFL have been doing it for years.

axl rose

Bench
It costs them a few jerseys and they get some friendly media for a news cycle, why not!

The AFL have been doing it for years.

Because 'journalists' (some who are worse writers than on The Roar) have over inflated egos as it is without giving them prizes. Anyway as long as they do the same for long term members (say 5 years+ sounds fair) no problems.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I'll concede its definitely an improvement on the shockers of the last few seasons.. But it screams laziness and it's just not good enough for me.. The potential for something great was there and we end up with that.. The 9s jersey was good but we all said it could've been better, so to have just flipped the colours is disappointing..

Agreed. An improvement but once again they've f**ed up something which could have been much better. NRL Jersey designers are just incompetent like most things NRL

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Something just looks weird about the design and placement of those stripes.

I like it, but they changed the sleeves.

Now it just looks bottom heavy...

AuckNines_Jersey(F).jpg

flippikat

Bench
I'll reserve judgement on the Warriors Nines jersey until I see an actual photo. Those leaked drawings never look good - regardless of the design.

gzerounian

Juniors
This was their chance to redeem themselves and come up with something really good and they stuffed it. Maroon and Yellow should never be seen without a little White in-between. Here are my changes

2vmajv6.jpg

axl rose

Bench
This was their chance to redeem themselves and come up with something really good and they stuffed it. Maroon and Yellow should never be seen without a little White in-between. Here are my changes

2vmajv6.jpg

Classy, can you make it with the retro logo. They really hate anything to do with the NSWRL. Logo, jersey will never go back. They would rather wear a piss poor Super league replica.

some11

Referee
Is there a law in sports jersey manufacturing that stipulates patterns cannot wrap the whole way around a jersey in order to make way for faux side panels?

f**king sick of it.

kdalymc

Bench
^^ they arnt "faux" as such, as it's that stupid breathable elastic shit, I'm hoping they just can't print stripes on it, ahead of thinking it just looks better... Could atleast make the replicas go all the way as it's all one material...

grouch

First Grade
Regardless of those minor gripes, it is now one of the classiest looking jerseys in the comp. The main sponsor isn't in a box, and they dont have a sternum sponsor aside from the manufacturer logo. Nice work

LineBall

Juniors

2vmajv6.jpg

Excellent changes gzerounian. The extra white makes all the difference.

I was wondering - if you could find the time - could you modify the jersey so that the yellow and maroon are reversed, so that the yellow is on the top and maroon on the bottom - with the white stripes still. It would look more like their original jersey where the yellow was more dominant.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Classy, can you make it with the retro logo. They really hate anything to do with the NSWRL. Logo, jersey will never go back. They would rather wear a piss poor Super league replica.

:/

- ARL owned the copyrights to the old logos, which meant all Super League clubs required a new logo within the first two seasons of the NRL merger.

- Brisbane have had plenty of non-SL retro jerseys, this year's was the first as far as I know. And to be fair, it was a premiership year for them.

LineBall

Juniors
^^I know the players all choose their own shoes - but would it be too much to ask that they have a pair that matches their club colours? This photos with them wearing maroon or white shoes would look so much better.