What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Johnny88

Juniors
There are rumours that the titans will have a refresh next season if they did would you like to see another colour combo? and if so what colours would you use for the Goldcoast?

kdalymc

Bench
Other than Knights and Roosters, and Parra/Titans/Cowboys, what real colour clashes are there!?

And if the NRL want new teams, they should be dictating the colour schemes to clubs - red/yellow, black/yellow - etc - so they won't clash with anyone.

I was being sarcastic. There no true clashes except for the 2 black teams.

LineBall

Juniors
There are rumours that the titans will have a refresh next season if they did would you like to see another colour combo? and if so what colours would you use for the Goldcoast?

I don't dislike their current colours, but I think they have been used poorly. I would like to see them keep their colours, but totally revamp their jersey design.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

But it's not about what you think is a clash.

It's about contrast and what it looks like from the long camera angle. A few weeks ago the Cowboys and Roosters played - both in white and navy strips. While inverted shorts to jersey, from the long angle camera it was not only near impossible to tell which team is playing, but also who is on which side. There should always be an obvious difference.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I would prefer a more distinct colour scheme, but even just a basic and distinct design to build the brand off would be enough....

eg
ScreenSho477_like.png

Having said that, the Orange-Teal combo they had planned to go with the Dolphins badge would be awesome.

dolphins_crop_north.png

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Having said that, the Orange-Teal combo they had planned to go with the Dolphins badge would be awesome.

dolphins_crop_north.png

Honestly I'd love for them to drop the Titans name and restart as the Dolphins, I also think that it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to pick up a more distinct color scheme and orange and teal is a solid colour combo, but the last thing that they should do is create a poor imitation of the Miami Dolphins brand.

If they take the name Dolphins maybe try a colour scheme of silver-grey and green aqua, silver-grey as a convenient throw back to the Giants and because (most) dolphins are a silver-grey colour, and green aqua because it's a blueish water colour (hence the name) while still being different enough from the other shades of blue and green in the comp that it wont clash with any of the other clubs.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Their colours are find but like others said they need to be used better. Desert sand yellow, white and light blue make a nice combination and also represent the sunny beaches of the GC. Titans I don't think they should change since they've been in the comp for 9 years but a better name should've been chosen beforehand.

I really think they should use their heritage jersey as their home it's a great strip and wouldn't clash with anything else and is just a solid jersey design.

Blues Riff

Bench
Interesting stained glass concept. I'm not sure that it makes a very attractive jersey though. It's not the worst I've seen.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
do the warriors hold a competition amongst 14 year olds and then pick the weirdest looking entry? they ahve some of the weirdest looking designs i've ever seen - like that stupid graffiti training jersey from a few years ago