What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Joker's Wild

Coach
This stuff looks better

11188495_10153259456299583_7158958854964824166_n.jpg

20115_10153259456304583_9201284615902980463_n.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
That lot at CCC are good at what they do.... (Thatd make a great indigenous jersey if the AllStars team ever decided to stick with one...)

If the NRL ever centralised their merch production (as the NFL did), id hope this lot got the contract.

some11

Referee
just curious, when did the angle of the V on the Australian jersey start becoming so shallow?

Looking back at the older jerseys it stood proud and continues up to the shoulders.

hellteam

First Grade
I disagree, I reckon ISC do a better jersey.

ISC and CCC are the two best I reckon. ISC have really turned the corner, they used to be pretty ordinary.

Would like to see what either of them could do with the Broncs

beave

Coach
ISC and CCC are the two best I reckon. ISC have really turned the corner, they used to be pretty ordinary.

Would like to see what either of them could do with the Broncs

You guys should just wear the current heritage jersey full time. Or a version thereof.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
just curious, when did the angle of the V on the Australian jersey start becoming so shallow?

Looking back at the older jerseys it stood proud and continues up to the shoulders.

They changed to CCC from Classic in 2013 (maybe '14??). It was the same time they brought on holden as the sponsor.

I personally like this version more (itd be better if the V extended to the top of the shoulder, but the angle on the old one was just awkward.)

They changed to CCC from Classic in 2013 (maybe '14??). It was the same time they brought on holden as the sponsor.

I personally like this version more (itd be better if the V extended to the top of the shoulder, but the angle on the old one was just awkward.)

It was 2013 at the same time as Holden replaced VB as sponsor. I'd like to see national jerseys without major sponsors too.

I do like the CCC version of the Roos jersey, still looks like a classic jersey but with a modern twist.

beagle

Juniors
Eels heritage jersey

Wearing it against the Dragons, this year is 30 seasons since the opening game at Parramatta Stadium against the Dragons. The jersey represents the 1986 jersey worn in that game.

They also wore this jersey for the 20th year anniversary for the same game v Dragons.

Last edited:

Loose Cannon

Bench
Fine against eels but That would still clash with Bulldogs and cowboys home jerseys

Given a number of teams use white in their main jerseys using it as an alternate doesn't make a lot of sense. I like the totally different use of a main colour, such as the Knights hi vis jersey as an alternate.

The home jersey would be worn in those instances. It is a clash strip, not an away strip. Honestly, there are few times it would be required, but is a nice enough design it doesn't depart from the club image or branding. It therefore would be acceptable to fans to get more starts on the road than is pure necessity.

All teams should be focused on such a mentality. A main kit which establishes the clubs identity, (done, for the most part) and wear it 75% of the time. If colour clashes are an issue for a particular club, create a design which retains said identity for matches against similarly coloured opposition on the road.

And the idea that sales depend on team use doesn't wash with me. I haven't seen anyone in Newcastle wearing that abomination of a hi vis kit, and not because it only gets two starts, but because it's horrid and doesn't say Knights at all. The white strip above would make sales because it is a classy alternate, not because it was over exposed.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_17634-kiwis-anzac-test-shirt-to-feature-gold-trim.html

The New Zealand Rugby League has revealed that the national team will wear a specially designed shirt for this year's Anzac Test against Australia.

This year marks the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli landings in Turkey in World War One, which featured a hige contribution from soldiers from Australia and New Zealand.

As a mark of respect, the Kiwi's traditional black jersey will feature additional gold-coloured trim, as well as the official Anzac poppy emblem.