What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Seems odd that none of the FNF teams were wearing WIL jerseys? Or am I missing something?

Only the Cowboys and Storm have done one this season. Cowboys wore heritage for their anniversary match rather than WiL, which I found odd.

I think ANZAC took over WiL this year as the key "marketing opportunity" jersey.

kdalymc

Bench
Aus super league jersey was f**ken awesome, except they're all XXXXL so can't picture one that fits....

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
Loving the Storm jersey tonight, I'm assuming it's a cross promotion with the Willy Wonka Candy Company?

NERDS-Grape+Strawberry-1036x1.65oz-US1.jpg

axl rose

Bench
Would prefer the pinks jerseys then the distasteful anzac ones. But getting rid of all these 'theme' jerseys would be better.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I like that Souths and Crown donated their chest-sponsors space to a charity for the round; a much nicer touch than just making a jersey with pink bits...

As for the storm, i reckon they could do a lot worse than making the Purple-Pink combo their perminant colours. There is so little distinction between their current Dark Purple and Navy that they may as well not have a design. The pink (or at least softer purple) would create a much better contrast for the jersey.

$T2eC16FHJIgFHRy!tTwMBSW6+PSFT!~~60_35.JPG

"The ruby colour represents the Ruby Jubilee Anniversary (80 Years) and takes inspiration from the Bulldogs jersey from 1943 - 46."

"The problems facing the league were minor by world standards. There was the question of lack of players because of the war effort, and Canterbury, for instance, had to change its colours in 1943 because of the ban placed on striped jerseys."

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
"The ruby colour represents the Ruby Jubilee Anniversary (80 Years) and takes inspiration from the Bulldogs jersey from 1943 - 46."

"The problems facing the league were minor by world standards. There was the question of lack of players because of the war effort, and Canterbury, for instance, had to change its colours in 1943 because of the ban placed on striped jerseys."

For anyone that knows more about this than me, can you tell me why "stripes" were banned and also why the dogs had to use maroon (i know there was an ink shortage, but white still seems the easier option.)

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Bleach (sodium hydroxide) may have been used in bomb manufacturing, leading to a govt order restricting its use to the war effort?

A lot of jerseys went away from stripes to chevrons during the depression to save money. I think because the second colour was sewn on the jersey and therefore it saved material.