What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

LESStar58

Referee

Raiders jersey this week. Looks okay. I wish the Huawei sponsorship always looked like that.

The jury is out for me on this... raiders have the best jersey in the league on account of losing the chevrons and being green. Why mess with that? I mean its a noble cause and all but theres just some things ye can't compromise on.

Knightmare

Coach
I get that having these one-off jerseys brings in extra revenue for the clubs, but it cheapens the image of the clubs (and as a result) the game as a whole. Not only do most clubs have 5 or 6 different jerseys they wear in a season now (and it's not like the NBA with a massive roster in a season so that one-off jerseys are more unique compared to their normal strip/ colours), but the jerseys of our NRL clubs- the elite Rugby League competition in this country- look increasingly similar to the bush league teams. Sponsors tacked on in every available space, most of the time clashing with the jersey itself and executed as if somebody has cut them out and stuck them on. It looks unprofessional and (I believe) is actually counter-productive to blue-chip companies wanting to get on-board. Besides hard-core fans, who would actually want to buy/ wear a current NRL jersey, outside of a handful of clubs that have their jersey AND their sponsors tastefully executed?

The jury is out for me on this... raiders have the best jersey in the league on account of losing the chevrons and being green. Why mess with that? I mean its a noble cause and all but theres just some things ye can't compromise on.

I think that the bands should be horizontal across the chest

Saint Doc

Coach
Have I missed something?

Queensland ANZAC jersey??

B5840A2F-6710-4917-8E0C-F446C055AF50.jpg

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Suncorp looks better than their child brand AAMi on the qld strip

VB looks shit on NSw.

Tooheys new should just pay $1m a year for 20 years and be done with it

Dam straight nsw has the worst sponsor ever.. .. light blue shirt with a freakin huge green circle with the word victoria on it.... wtf?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Suncorp looks better than their child brand AAMi on the qld strip

VB looks shit on NSw.

Tooheys new should just pay $1m a year for 20 years and be done with it
Agree VB looks bad on the NSW jersey but I don't think Tooheys New would be a big step up.

State of Origin is arguably the premium sports brand in Australia.

HSBC, NAB, Westpac all currently sponsor other footy codes but not RL, that's who the NSWRL should be talking to as a major front-of-jersey sponsor.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I remember for so many years it wasnt just the battle of states but the battle of beers from each state.

Tooheys Vs XXXX.

When did Tooheys last sponsor NSW ?

Saint Doc

Coach
Westpac indirectly sponsors RL via St George Bank.

NAB previously sponsored Souths.

I remember a few years ago the NAB Rabbitohs played St George Bank Dragons at ANZ Stadium.
Sponsorship gone mad.

nqcowboy87

Bench
newtown jets 2015 jersey is a walking billboard, id post a picture but i might be infringing on someones intelectual copyright

DeeJ

Bench
Hi guys, I noticed last night on the blue's jerseys instead of Victoria Bitter it had different names.

I didn't recognise any of them (not that they showed them all or my eyes were quick enough) but were these players of NSW pre State of Origin?