What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Royal Rumble

alien

Referee
i loved the part where it was just bray wyatt and the boogeyman in the ring and jerry says "lets see who can get more weird"

Bulldog Force

Referee
The Royal Rumble was boring at the beginning. All they did was send nuffies out for Bray Wyatt to eliminate. Bryan was eliminated way to early, so I wonder how they'll get him back into the WHC picture later down the track. Surely not another MitB win for him? But I think Roman Reigns is a more worthy opponent for Brock at WM.

Valheru

Coach
They wanted to do Sheamus/Bryan last year as well.

Sting is finally here, and instead of the dream match most people want, we get HHH/Sting.

Wyatt/Taker should be good at least.

Sting/Taker is the dream match but I reckon HHH/Sting would be the better wrestling match at this stage in all their careers and at least Sting will get to win the match.

Surely they will put Wyatt over Taker, the streak is over so no point in Undertaker winning and he can go out a winner the following year in Texas.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
While there were some cool moments during this Rumble (Bubba, DDP & his Diamond Cutters), they were far outweighed by the horrible/unentertaining/missed opportunity moments (not sure if I was more disappointed with DB going early, or the Miz/Mizdow inring shenanigans not coming to fruition as suggested by Usos the other week, i.e. Miz being eliminated Mizdow then either eliminating himself or feigning eliminating himself), and as people have mentioned it just didn't seem to have any flow like Rumbles in the past.

Especially in terms of people just getting non-chalantly dumped for no discernible reason. God that was horrible. I was glad that Kane finally got his all-time elimination record, but to quote Maggle Cole "NOT THIS WAAAAAY!!!! NOT THIS WAAAAAY!!!!". Seeing Ambrose, Ziggler, Wyatt etc just get punched and dumped like that was horrible.

Going into the match, I would have been OK with Reigns winning (as I was expecting but not hoping) but I totally expected it to be him and Bryan at least in the final 4, if not final 2, given they'd been basically built as the main contenders in the weeks prior.
And if that had been the case then the crowd would've probably still booed Reigns but at least not for HALF THE DAMN MATCH /jr

The way they went about making everyone look bad (including Reigns) just boggles the mind.

I don't think that Bryan should be inserted into the title match like last year, but I don't know what they should do from here. Given the latest Raw was snowed out, gonna be real interesting to see how the next few live crowds will react and where they go with Reigns & the fan favourites (DB/Ziggler/Ambrose/Cesaro/Wyatt etc) to save face from the Rumble farce.

Instead of Sheamus, I would put Bryan into something of a fanboy dream match, like against Cesaro or Ziggler. The fans will get a great match, and that may take their minds off of not having Bryan in the main event and hijacking WM.

azzah72

Bench
For me the the whole RR match just felt like it was missing "stars".

I was waiting for Orton to come out and maybe a surprise or two like jericho, cena or someone like mick foley or something.

It just seemed so flat which for me is the big crux of the problem, there are some good fan favs, but nobody is established, no one has reached the main event status to make them a "must see".

Bryan is really the only one who has pushed through.

It was a massive curtain jerker to mid card battle royal, it wasn't very impressive.

I don't mind Reigns winning other than the fact that they built him up so poorly prior and he didn't do much to look good in the match it self.

the IWC so trying to hijack the booking isn't very good though, they did it last year, all good. It's unfortunate that Bryan got injured after but I am not interested in see that again.

They need to work hard now to make Reign look like a legitimate threat. Rusev looks more like a threat at this point.

They should of had him turn on the rock, basically say screw the fans, I going to wrestlemanis to slay a beast.

that makes him the Tweener/Heel looking out for himself. Then he is an automatic threat to Brock.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Instead of Sheamus, I would put Bryan into something of a fanboy dream match, like against Cesaro or Ziggler. The fans will get a great match, and that may take their minds off of not having Bryan in the main event and hijacking WM.

Yup, opportunity missed.

Ziggler and Wyatt both come in early, Wyatt looks strong eliminating the nuffies but can't get rid of Ziggler. Bryan comes in, and along with Ziggler eliminates Wyatt (not making him look weak when eliminated)

Ziggler and Bryan face off, both over, appears they make an agreement to team in an attempt to get it to the last two before they fight it out.

Rumble continues, both Ziggler and Bryan have moments where they save each other.

Gets down to the final few, Ziggler turns and eliminates Bryan, not only setting up a killer match, giving them both decent time, and avoiding the senseless eliminations that led to the subsequent hijacking of the Rumble by the fans against Reigns.

Ziggler feuds with Bryan through to WM, and seeing as Cena was the one who got him his job back there's a natural progression onto Cena from there. By that time Ziggler is a main eventer for sure.

For me the the whole RR match just felt like it was missing "stars".

I was waiting for Orton to come out and maybe a surprise or two like jericho, cena or someone like mick foley or something.

It just seemed so flat which for me is the big crux of the problem, there are some good fan favs, but nobody is established, no one has reached the main event status to make them a "must see".

Bryan is really the only one who has pushed through.

It was a massive curtain jerker to mid card battle royal, it wasn't very impressive.

I don't mind Reigns winning other than the fact that they built him up so poorly prior and he didn't do much to look good in the match it self.

the IWC so trying to hijack the booking isn't very good though, they did it last year, all good. It's unfortunate that Bryan got injured after but I am not interested in see that again.

They need to work hard now to make Reign look like a legitimate threat. Rusev looks more like a threat at this point.

They should of had him turn on the rock, basically say screw the fans, I going to wrestlemanis to slay a beast.

that makes him the Tweener/Heel looking out for himself. Then he is an automatic threat to Brock.
Rusev looks strong as he has been booked as a beast since the 2014 RR. He has defeated former World Champs, and done so clean. Reigns has mainly cut promos or been in tag matches against top card guys with screwy finishes. No matter who you are up against, having a DQ finish is worth nothing in the end (ask the Lex Express about that).

azzah72

Bench
Actually that's another thing that bugged me.

A good rumble will generally start a feud or two, by shock elimination or something like that.

If they were intent on the finish, at least set up a few interesting feuds.

Bryan/Ziggler could of been set up in there, Something for rusev, ambrose, ryback.

Nothing....

Valheru

Coach

Excellent idea. That would have given the crowd a real reason to boo him.

TBH they should still do it and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

10945749_935435156467538_2489570870958221805_n.jpg

alien

Referee
the rock only made it fair after big show and korporate kane got eliminated but came back into the ring and smashed reigns for rusev. the rumble could have been better but i dont think it was as bad as some are making it out. all the fans booing and sooking over daniel bryan getting out was annoying (and i like bryan). when the big show knocked some of them out with his ko punch then obviously he just has to pick them up and toss them over the top rope. i wonder if rollins will want to be in the wrestlemania main event and turn it into a triple threat match, or just cash in straight after the match . . .

alien

Referee
bubba ray dudley coming back was good. he worked well with r-truth. i wonder if they will be a tag
team...

imagine if kurt angle came back in the rumble as number 30 and actually won it o_o
angle and lesnar had a good but strange rivalry at one point, with some good matches

Last edited:
Angle re-signed with TNA, and he has said himself that it will most likely be his last in-ring run. He is 46 after all.

Bubba Ray should only tag with D-Von and Spike these days. If WWE bring him back and not D-Von, then Bubba should be used as he was in TNA. He was a monster there as a singles guy, and there is no reason (other than a geniused creative team) as to why he couldn't bring that over to the WWE.

Latest posts