What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Royal Rumble

Bulldog Force

Referee
I actually want to know what WWE had to do in order to play the Royal Rumble and WHC match on Raw. I mean it's a PPV event and it went to air the very next day for free. They would've lost a stack of money on that, and also all those who ordered the PPV with no WWE network subscription and paid what... $30 (?) for it would've felt ripped off as it went to air free the next day.

DB

First Grade
You realise they couldn't film a live RAW due to the snowstorm.

Bulldog Force

Referee
You realise they couldn't film a live RAW due to the snowstorm.

Of course I'm aware of that, but they played a PPV event... for free. I'm wanting to know what loopholes that would've had to go through with only a 24-hour turn-around period. That would've been next to impossible. I dare say a few laws were broken here... but WWE does have the money to fight it. It just struck me as really odd. I think they should've done one of those halftime superbowl events. I mean all the superstars were at HQ, maybe they could've used a makeshift empty room as an arena (empty of course, just the superstars and ref) and go ahead with that... use the interviews for promos between matches :lol:

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'm not in America so I'm not sure, but I'd say that there would have to be some sort of cooling-off period between the times that shows are presented on PPV and then on regular television, otherwise PPV stands to lose millions.

That's why whenever Raw follows a PPV, they can only show you stills of the action as opposed to videos. Maybe WWE have a contract in place with them, I'm not sure. It was just a bit risky, seemed rather odd.

DB

First Grade
Their hands were tied, they couldn't move any of their equipment due to the snowstorm so this is the way they went about it. I don't think they would have lost much money as its not like it was announced weeks before that the Raw following the Rumble would show both the Rumble match and title match, it was announced Monday.

Hoggmaster

Juniors
Angle re-signed with TNA, and he has said himself that it will most likely be his last in-ring run. He is 46 after all.

Bubba Ray should only tag with D-Von and Spike these days. If WWE bring him back and not D-Von, then Bubba should be used as he was in TNA. He was a monster there as a singles guy, and there is no reason (other than a geniused creative team) as to why he couldn't bring that over to the WWE.

Ahh there's the rub.

shiznit

Coach
I watched raw for the first time in a long time just to see what the big deal with Reigns is...

I can totally see it..

He has a lot going for him... He has a strong look... And his Voice is good... His Spear and Superman punch are okay...

But he just carries himself weirdly... He has mannerism's which make him look like he's trying too hard.

He looks and moves his head like a meth addict. He over does it IMO...

They need to slow him down... Make him look more methodical....

redvscotty

First Grade
His grimace when people say stuff is what shits me the most. His face scrunches up and makes him look like a stupid caricature of himself.

Tone it down, be a tuff merkin. Take over.

shiznit

Coach
His grimace when people say stuff is what shits me the most. His face scrunches up and makes him look like a stupid caricature of himself.

Tone it down, be a tuff merkin. Take over.
Yeah... I agree...

If I'm HHH... I'd send him over to Kevin Nash... He always played a good big man...

Bulldog Force

Referee
Just a random stat.

The following are the 30 participants of the 2009 Roya Rumble, which, in my opinion, was the best one in recent history. Of those 30, the ones in red are no longer with WWE.

Rey Mysterio
John Morrison
Carlito
Montel Vontavious Porter
The Great Khali
Vladimir Kozlov

Triple H
Randy Orton
JTG
Ted DiBiase

Chris Jericho
Mike Knox
The Miz
Finlay
Cody Rhodes
The Undertaker
Goldust
CM Punk
Mark Henry
Shelton Benjamin
William Regal
Kofi Kingston
Kane
R-Truth
Rob Van Dam
The Brian Kendrick

Dolph Ziggler
Santino Marella
Jim Duggan

Big Show

Now let's go a little further back, just 1 more year to 2008 and compare.

Shawn Michaels
Santino Marella
The Great Khali
Hardcore Holly
John Morrison
Tommy Dreamer
Batista

Hornswoggle
Chuck Palumbo
Jamie Noble
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Umaga
Snitsky

The Miz
Shelton Benjamin
Jimmy Snuka
Roddy Piper

Kane
Carlito
Mick Foley
Mr. Kennedy
Big Daddy V

Mark Henry
Chavo Guerrero
Finlay
Elijah Burke

That's 21! This goes to show that WWE is getting rid of wrestler like flies.

Latest posts