What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 State of Origin

Gronk

Staff member
This year will be the first year that we should not fear the origin period, now that the chosen one has left us for his sabbatical.

With Hoppa is not setting the world on fire at No.1, I'd say that competition for center for NSW is fierce. Backrow spots are up for grabs and Watmough will likely be selected, but Gower can cover for him easy. I think we can cope OK without those two and not drop in intensity like we have in the last.

Our draw has us playing away 4 games in a row :roll: so we need to really step up.

Round 11 (week before SOO1) we play Souths @ ANZ.

Souths could be without GI, McQueen, Reynolds (injured) & Dylan Walker.

Round 12 (week after SOO1) we play Penrith @ Pepper on Friday night.

Penrith could have Moylan, Mansour even Idris backing up.

Round 14 (week before SOO2) we play Storm @ AAMI

Storm could be without Slater, Smith, Cronk and Chambers

Round 15 - (week after SOO2) Bye

Round 17 (week before SOO3) we play W/Tigers @ ANZ

Tigers could be without Farrah and Woods

Round 18 (week after SOO3) Bye

strider

Post Whore
I suspect Watmough might not be selected .... and Hoppa's only hope is wing - which is has done sufficiently before, so I'd say he's a chance, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get selected ..... so we may not lose anyone

the_apostle21

Juniors
But I'm happy with those 4 away games. Totally winnable..
Junior Paulo will be back by then?

Paulo will be back for Souths game.

I think we will only have Watmough selected for SOO. The only other real addition is, as Gronk says, Hoppa, but with so many options in centre/wing available (Jennings, Morris x 2, Walker, Dugan - presuming Moylan is FB, Mansour), I think he has dropped down the pecking order.

Also don't forget incumbent McMannus and Tupou. They don't deserve a spot, but I think I heard Daley saying he wants to retain the same team that won it last year. Heaven forbid...

caylo

Bench
Paulo will be back for Souths game.

I think we will only have Watmough selected for SOO. The only other real addition is, as Gronk says, Hoppa, but with so many options in centre/wing available (Jennings, Morris x 2, Walker, Dugan - presuming Moylan is FB, Mansour), I think he has dropped down the pecking order.

Also don't forget incumbent McMannus and Tupou. They don't deserve a spot, but I think I heard Daley saying he wants to retain the same team that won it last year. Heaven forbid...

Yeah hoppa will not play on the wing IMO,. Centre is his only chance and i doubt he'll make it. I thought he'd be a big shot for fullback with early form but Moylan is leading. Watmough will be one of the first forwards picked. Don't write sandow and Norman for a utility spot on the bench.

eels_fan

First Grade
Haha. Sandow has zero chance. DCE is the bench utility.

Norman? Less than zero chance

caylo

Bench
Haha. Sandow has zero chance. DCE is the bench utility.

Norman? Less than zero chance

Your probably correct but if they both continue to play well and DCE plays terribly as he has Hunt, Sandow or Norman could feature.

TheParraboy

Staff member
This is what Daley will do I reckon, put your money on it

1. Dugan
2. B Morris
3. J Morris
4. Jennings
5. Tupou
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkison

eels_fan

First Grade
I'd say Hunt may have the running over DCE, then Ballin, then Segeyaro. Sandow would be 6th or 7th choice

caylo

Bench

1. Dugan
2. B Morris
3. J Morris
4. Jennings
5. Tupou
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkison

I think Brett could be out, not sure but to me it looked like he did his hamstring at the end of the match. If so josh to the wing and dugan to centres, i also think Dugan was very good in the Centres and id keep him there over Josh Morris (who has done nothing wrong if you ask me)

T.S Quint

Coach

1. Dugan
2. B Morris
3. J Morris
4. Jennings
5. Tupou
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkison

I think you might have the back 5 right, but I wouldn't be so quick to tip Daley picking Reynolds and Hodkinson again.
Hodko might get another run, but I think Josh Reynolds has been found out and won't get another go.Despite the fact we won, he was very poor and has shown nothing but reckless, grubby and just plain terrible play since.

caylo

Bench
I'd say Hunt may have the running over DCE, then Ballin, then Segeyaro. Sandow would be 6th or 7th choice

I though segyaro was a NSW representative, he would be my first choice for QLD bench then. Peats would also be close to getting a bench spot too, i didnt consider him because of segyaro. I personally would have Hunt over cronk but that wont happen

T.S Quint

Coach
Pearce would have to be a chance to make a return surely

Played his best footy last year and over the opening rounds this year.
A lot of fans wouldn't want him back because he had many chances in Origin and failed just about every time...but he seems a different player now. He was thrown into Origin to early in his career anyway.

I've been an advocate of Mullen for a number of years. He's been injured for quite a few of those times, but I think his long kicking game would be very handy to have. Has a great long pass and running game as well.

Adam Reynolds has probably the best short kicking game, but he may be injured.

Noise

Coach
Yes, I think it's only fair that Pearce gets his 8th chance in the important position of halfback to steer NSW to a series victory.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pearce hasn't failed at Origin any more than Hodkinson or Reynolds has succeeded. Pearce is a better half than either of them and should be in the team ahead of them.

Noise

Coach
Pearce hasn't failed at Origin any more than Hodkinson or Reynolds has succeeded. Pearce is a better half than either of them and should be in the team ahead of them.

Pearce turns 26 in a couple of days. So he has at least 6 years of footy in him. If he continues to play at this level and gets picked for origin, how many more series losses do you think we should persist with him? Would 10 be a good number?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pearce turns 26 in a couple of days. So he has at least 6 years of footy in him. If he continues to play at this level and gets picked for origin, how many more series losses do you think we should persist with him? Would 10 be a good number?
How about a bakers dozen?????

Pearce has been dreadful so far today.

Latest posts