What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

So a couple line breaks usually means 2..

For this season so far

Akuila Uate has made 11 line breaks
Dane Gagai has made 9 line breaks
Beau Scott has made 6 line breaks
BJ Leilua has made 5 line breaks
Darius Boyd has made 4 line breaks
James McManus has made 4 line breaks

Wingers should generally make more line break than any other player on the team.
He also leads the Knights in tackle breaks, all run meters, average meter per game.
It be good if the Knights had some decent forwards so he could play a natural centres game though

Stats scmats.

perverse

Referee
I'm becoming less and less a fan of BJ. Aside from a purple patch last year and some highlights mainly related to his size - he's had a very stupid and face-palmy career. The guy is thick as shit.

perverse

Referee
Let's face it - we aren't going to get another player of the calibre of Boyd. Think of him what you will, but he is a pretty bloody good player and Origin players aren't really plentiful on the market at present.

Yes, he is a bit of a dickhead. Yes, he is awful at interviews. Yes, he is easily the best back that we have. We should do what we can to keep him.
It's not worth having the best player on the team if the rest of the team doesn't like him. The squad isn't going to respond to a lynchpin in their side that's only interested 50% of the time. More than that - it can be divisive when such a bloke keeps getting picked when not putting in.

Big picture - he needs to prove his worth to the team for mine. Yes, he's our best player, but sometimes your best player isn't worth the trouble.

TooheysNew

Coach
It's not worth having the best player on the team if the rest of the team doesn't like him. The squad isn't going to respond to a lynchpin in their side that's only interested 50% of the time. More than that - it can be divisive when such a bloke keeps getting picked when not putting in.

Big picture - he needs to prove his worth to the team for mine. Yes, he's our best player, but sometimes your best player isn't worth the trouble.
The rest of the team don't have a problem with him. The 'problems' are all from the outside.

perverse

Referee
The rest of the team don't have a problem with him.
Then they're idiots, which is unsurprising.

I can't cop his holier-than-thou shit on the field, I don't know why his teammates would. You can't hide his shit attitude, it's been there for everyone to see since he first stepped on the pitch for us. It's not just a this year thing, the guy only tries when he thinks we can win. The minute that he feels otherwise - the cue goes in the rack. He's the walking, shit-dribbling epitome of a flat-track bully.

Last edited:

TooheysNew

Coach

I can't cop his holier-than-thou shit on the field, I don't know why his teammates would. You can't hide his shit attitude, it's been there for everyone to see since he first stepped on the pitch for us. It's not just a this year thing, the guy only tries when he thinks we can win. The minute that he feels otherwise - the cue goes in the rack. He's the walking, shit-dribbling epitome of a flat-track bully.
I disagree with pretty much all of that.

perverse

Referee
I disagree with pretty much all of that.
You're welcome to - from what I've seen over the past 3 years the guy is a talented pea-heart. It's not like I haven't spent the past 2 1/2 years defending the bloke, either... I've wanted to like him more than any player I can ever remember, but he broke me this year.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm becoming less and less a fan of BJ. Aside from a purple patch last year and some highlights mainly related to his size - he's had a very stupid and face-palmy career. The guy is thick as shit.

This. Although I'm a fan I think his future is in the backrow, just get him to tuck it under his arm and run, when he has to think about things is when his game falls apart

Knight Vision

First Grade

I agree, there is no place in a TEAM for people with the character of Boyd. Paid or unpaid, you NEVER let down ya mates end of story. Show the bloke the door already.

Of course not.

2015 - instill some pride back into the place, avoid the spoon, front load contracts
2016 - open the cheque book, make top 8
2017 - aiming at top 4

Sounds about right, but FMD when, we have been rebuilding since 2005 already?

Good things come to those that wait I guess!

Yosh

Coach
How bad is Kidley's injury?

I really think he needs to go... All heart but his body just isn't up to it anymore... If he takes a massive pay cut (50%) I'd keep him. He only plays half the season anyway.

With Boyd and Kidley's money we could bring in DCE and still have enough for a forward or two.

slotmachine

First Grade
yosh, 2015 is his last year and we wont be stupid enough to give him another deal

unless, of course, his brother and chief are still running the joint

not easy being a knights fan!

Knight Vision

First Grade
How bad is Kidley's injury?

I really think he needs to go... All heart but his body just isn't up to it anymore... If he takes a massive pay cut (50%) I'd keep him. He only plays half the season anyway.

With Boyd and Kidley's money we could bring in DCE and still have enough for a forward or two.

Heard on Triple M Matty Johns suggesting that DCE is a 1.2 million a year player....apparently Smith and Thurston are on even more money than that.

Is it fair to say lads that once you get a player worth 1.5 million a year or thereabouts you are really pushing it up hill to win a comp? My point being that they take about 1/4 of the cap alone. You'd have to hope the players you bring in as the support crew can reach a level that is worthy of a premiership side.

perverse

Referee
Is it fair to say lads that once you get a player worth 1.5 million a year or thereabouts you are really pushing it up hill to win a comp? My point being that they take about 1/4 of the cap alone. You'd have to hope the players you bring in as the support crew can reach a level that is worthy of a premiership side.
If your junior development is good enough, you can probably maintain a high quality squad around them for a while... but to my thinking, you probably only have a year or 2 after the signing of that contract before the squad starts to weaken, yeah. 1/4 of the cap seems a bit too much, but the thing is the clubs signing players up to these sorts of contracts get so much corporate support that the deal isn't necessarily all under the cap. A fundamental reason why the cap is currently broken, at least imo.

Joker's Wild

Coach
If his footwork was above average for centres he should be able to create more space and opportunity for his outside man.

Mate, that is far too simplistic

Last year he was awesome at setting up his winger and opposition defenders have learnt to number up on him. When that happens he needs to be stronger than the average centre to create space, which he is not

You have it a bit backwards bro

Joker's Wild

Coach
This. Although I'm a fan I think his future is in the backrow, just get him to tuck it under his arm and run, when he has to think about things is when his game falls apart

Then he will just become another average backrower, 1 of about 1000 in the NRL currently

I think he is better off staying in the centres but simplifying his game. Run hard and attempt to bust the line or draw and pass to his winger. Nothing more, just stick to the KISS method

Latest posts