What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Wooden Spoon Betting

Todays SMH has the latest betting from Sportsbet. Wooden spoon odds have been updated, we are second favourites with the Tigers @ $5. Raiders favourites @ $4. It apears everyone is writing us off at this stage.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
meh... let them write us off...

most of the bookies odds for next year are generally based on this year's position, give or take one or two spots...

and very rarely does the ladder fall in exactly the same position every year..

ie. most are tipping souths as favourites for next year, however going back to back is bloody hard, particularly after they've lost their best player.. so anyone throwing money on them to win may as well give it to me..

so let the bookies tell us we'll have a bad year... makes it all the better when we exceed expectations...

BennyV

Referee
I believe this was Doust and Mary's doing. They've piled $$$ on us to get the spoon, if we get do get it then they win huge $$$ which can be used to fish the club out of the financial debt, if we come anywhere from 1-15 then its counted as a successful season because we exceeded pre-season expectations. Contract extension for Mary.

Win-win! And who said our management wasnt smart!!!

BennyV

Referee
Seriously though, I'd say Raiders, Eels and MAYBE Titans will be in the running. Despite the doom-and-gloom, I cant see us winning the spoon (not that I can see us in the Top 8).

I'd say we are looking around 10-13

A lot will depend on wether our new big boppers can handle the rigors of NRL. If they step up, there's no doubt our backline can do anything. Also Packer is important, if we snare him and he is cleared to play, we will probably have our best pack since 2010/11.

If all of the above pays off, we will make the 8 no worries.

Very little difference in playing ability between the teams placed this year between 7th and 16th.

Its all about how well the team is coached and the attitude the coach instills in the team.

The Mongrel we want to see in the forwards and in goal line defence is all about player self belief,(coach generated) and character.

We have quite a few guys who have something to prove to both themselves and the NRL.

Don't see the RedV getting the spoon.

Too many good players, and a coach who needs to show he can perform at NRL.

Common you fire breathing dragons !!!!

grouch

First Grade
People have been asking me to produce a positive post wll here it is:

I like those odds! :)