What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016/17 Premier League

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
fair enough, mine was only power rankings in response to bunnies man...

i wouldn't rule them out but i wouldn't consider them a lock for top 4, they have been unconvincing clowning on bottom teams and have had a few slip ups including their first real challenge - city at home. Sure they looked good against Leicester but they scored 3 set piece goals, so... i'm still not convinced

saint.nick

Coach
fair enough, mine was only power rankings in response to bunnies man...

i wouldn't rule them out but i wouldn't consider them a lock for top 4, they have been unconvincing clowning on bottom teams and have had a few slip ups including their first real challenge - city at home. Sure they looked good against Leicester but they scored 3 set piece goals, so... i'm still not convinced
Yeah, they were some bloody soft goals, especially Smalling's. Leicester were shocking. But they definitely have the team to challenge, if they can make it all come together...

BunniesMan

Immortal
4 horse race. City aren't as far ahead of the challengers as people thought. City, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool are a level above the rest.

We have the best midfield and Liverpool have the best attack. But our finishing is a question mark and LFC's defense is frail. City have to get used to Guardiola's revolutionary style which is easy against teams that sit back but has problems against good teams that defend aggressively. Pep didn't face much of that outside the premier league.

Spurs are the darkhorse quietly motoring along. IMO they are the most solid but with the least upside. If City/Arsenal/Liverpool can't answer their respective question marks then Spurs could be the last team standing when everyone else falls over. Like Leicester last season.

Meanwhile, Chelsea and United well off the pace. Both teams have too many aging players carrying too much of the workload. A Champions League spot is the most they can hope for.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
funny you include Goons up there, should never have won that game, had it handed to them in the last few seconds

jury is still out on the Goons for mine, who have they beaten ?

Game_Breaker

Coach
funny you include Goons up there, should never have won that game, had it handed to them in the last few seconds

Chelsea 3-0

But that goal from Kos was lucky to be awarded, definitely hit his arm

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I even read this morning that Arse said they we very fortunate, thats not like him

andrew057

First Grade

What about the clear pen for hand ball Arsenal should've had earlier in game....

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Said at the top of the page united weren't convincing despite their win against leicester, now yall see why.

For all the money and pomp they exuded over the summer, they still have a soft midfield and are shakey at the back. A small amount of pressure and they crumble. Terrific goal by martial tho.

Watch them beat us now at home lol

BunniesMan

Immortal

Chelsea which is as equally impressive as City's best win, United. Nobody doubts City as a contender.

We haven't lost since the first day of the season almost 2 months ago. We haven't lost in 9 games and we haven't conceded a non penalty goal in our last 5 games. We've done as well as anyone.

Was the Burnley win lucky? Yes. But every single title winning team had some ugly 1-0 wins against possible relegation teams. The invincibles didn't win every game 5-0. Neither did United during Fergie's peak. The best teams have always had bad days at times where they found ways to turn losses into draws and draws into wins.

Last edited:

dogz08

First Grade
just imagine spurs going through the whole season undefeated, but with more draws than wins

Latest posts