What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016/17 Premier League

Mong

Post Whore
He is struggling to understand what not being a bandwagon supporter is supposed to be.

Haffa

Watched the highlights of the United v Arsenal game. I thought that was a Penalty for the foul on Valencia. Enough contact there for me and you can't put your arm around the player like that.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Watched the highlights of the United v Arsenal game. I thought that was a Penalty for the foul on Valencia. Enough contact there for me and you can't put your arm around the player like that.

So is Chelsea still not a good team this season?

saint.nick

Coach
There was hardly any contact, Monreal simply outstretched his arm across Valencia and then Valencia took a dive.

Haffa

So is Chelsea still not a good team this season?
They are now. Playing the outdated 4-2-3-1 with Ivanovic and Fabregas in the team we weren't. Since the switch of formations against Arsenal at half time we haven't conceded a goal.

Mong

Post Whore
Lol @ dickhead Jose for getting sent to the stands for a dummy spit after diver Pogba produced a massive dive and got yellow carded.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
That was a terrible dive. Clip I saw had the commentators making all sorts of excuses for pogba.

saint.nick

Coach
That was a terrible dive. Clip I saw had the commentators making all sorts of excuses for pogba.
I just heard the stupidest excuse from Gab Marcotti on ESPN FC - "He's trying to get out of the way of a swinging leg! What is so hard to understand!?". He looked like an idiot sitting there with his mouth wide open and a look of deluded disbelief on his face.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I just heard the stupidest excuse from Gab Marcotti on ESPN FC - "He's trying to get out of the way of a swinging leg! What is so hard to understand!?". He looked like an idiot sitting there with his mouth wide open and a look of deluded disbelief on his face.

Yeah that's the excuse I've heard from most on the dive. It's completely ridiculous, he could've avoided the swinging leg and still remained on his feet.

Sadly it's all too common in the game these days. Every single team has players who go down with no more than a feather touch on them. Pogba's was just ridiculous.

Haffa

Sadly it's all too common in the game these days. Every single team has players who go down with no more than a feather touch on them. Pogba's was just ridiculous.
The biggest problem for me is they refuse to offer protection to players who are routinely hacked all game but then get brave and book people for diving when they feel the need make an example. Players like Mane, Mahrez and Hazard get the shit kicked out of them all game and are fouled 5 or 6 times a game without the threat of a card until well into the last 20 minutes.

Thoughts:

Pogba definite dive
Mourinho feeling it, hence being sent off
Man Utd's decline is almost identical to Liverpool's
I can empathise with Utd fans feeling like the opp gk is having a worldie every week against them, but the truth is they're just bad at finishing, the same as liverpool a few years ago.
Arsenal were pretty lucky to not concede more than 1 penalty, I think the handball by Monreal is absolute stonewaller and I've no idea how they didn't give it.
Josh Sims looks a decent youngster, another one off the production line at Southampton?
Tottenham won't make top 4, they just don't have the depth of quality, after a good first 13 or so players, the rest are trash or academy grads. They'll hang around but they won't make it.