What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R8 vs Canberra

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Saturday 23 April, GIO Stadium Canberra, 5.30pm

1. James Tedesco
2. Joshua Addo-Carr
3. Nathan Milone
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Jordan Rankin
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks
8. Ava Seumanufagai
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Grant
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Sauaso Sue

Interchange:
14. Josh Aloiai
15. Dene Halatau
16. Kyle Lovett
17. JJ Felise
18. Joel Edwards

Ron's_Mate

Bench
1. Jack Wighton
2. Edrick Lee
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Joseph Leilua
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Sam Williams
7. Aidan Sezer
8. Shannon Boyd
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Frank Paul Nuuausala
11. Josh Papalii
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Shaun Fensom

Interchange:
14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Luke Bateman
16. Paul Vaughan
17. Joseph Tapine
18. Clay Priest
19. Jarrad Kennedy
20. Mitchell Barnett

Referees: Henry Perenara, Dave Munro
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Rohan Best
Video Referees: Matt Cecchin, Bryan Norrie, Luke Patten

Tigerted

Juniors
I'm pretty sure Leulia will be marking up on Milone.This is a huge mismatch.Geez we could've done with Simona in this game.

We have a very good record against them but they will be pumped after 2 bad losses.We need to win this one badly.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't know why but I have a feeling we'll win this one. For some reason we seem to play better against Canberra down there.

They've been terrible the last 2 weeks, much worse then us.

BrotherJim05

Bench
They've been terrible the last 2 weeks, much worse then us.

The problem is that we will always play worse than the team we are playing against. The way we played against the Eels would make you think we would have smashed the knights. We started well but then we just gave in.

I feel like the Tigers have a failsafe to make sure we lose. We start games like a top 4 team and then the failsafe switches on. We slump to a bottom 4 team just long enough to lose.

The reserves this week:

1 JUSTIN HUNT
2 JAYDEN WHEELHOUSE
3 CHANCE PENI
4 MICHAEL CHEE KAM
5 WATSON HELETA
6 JACK LITTLEJOHN
7 JOSH DRINKWATER
8 ROD GRIFFIN
9 MANAIA CHERRINGTON
10 JORDAN GRANT
11 TYLER CASSEL
12 ASIPELI FINE (C)
13 JOEL EDWARDS
14 JEREMY MARSHALL-KING
15 DALLAS GRAHAM
16 WESLEY LOLO
17 MATTHEW EISENHUTH

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Leilua is a shit or diamonds player. Biggest worries for us is in the middle. Hodgson is getting their huge props great momentum. Are our props rotation capable of holding them?

Addo carr up against rapana.

Sezer has a good kicking game too, which will be used yo take Tedesco's strong kick return runs out of the contest. Which means our forwards really have to lift this week

Any one notice how our boys always seem to tire after 25min in the first half,that leaves us exposed defensively and hanging on to the break,then we usually start slow on the resumption of play again leaving us susceptible to leaking more points,by the time we come out of this period we are usually behind and with the clock against us,no matter who we play this pattern keeps reoccurring.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Any one notice how our boys always seem to tire after 25min in the first half,that leaves us exposed defensively and hanging on to the break,then we usually start slow on the resumption of play again leaving us susceptible to leaking more points,by the time we come out of this period we are usually behind and with the clock against us,no matter who we play this pattern keeps reoccurring.

Spot on. Weak bench. Can't have blokes like Lovett coming on and not contributing. Watched him last week and he arm grabs in every tackle. I'd love to see him hit a bloke with the shoulder.

Milone can hardly run. He's got a shitload of strapping on a knee. Its a disgrace that Chee Kam cant find a spot on the bench at the very least.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If I were choosing the team:

1. James Tedesco
2. Watson Heleta
3. Kee Cham
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Addo-Carr
6. Rankin
7. Moses
8. Ava Seumanufagai
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Grant
11. Dene Halatau
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Curtis Sironen

Interchange:
14. Sauaso Sue (we need him coming off bench for IMPACT)
15. Josh Aloiai
15. Edwards
17. JJ Felise

Tigerted

Juniors
No Milone or brooks. I like it.Unfortunately Taylor hasn't got the guts to make these necessary changes.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brooks at 6 would be better. He naturally wants to run and tske the line on. Give hkm some room to do that. Moses naturally plays side to side.

Its so clear that this pair are the wrong way around.

Tigerted

Juniors
It's beholden on the coach to determine what there best positions are & how they can best serve the team.Brooks is a very unintelligent footballer who is clearly the worst defender in the team with arguably one potentially positive attribute in that he may have an effective running game if he were to focus on it.Hence I agree madunit that he may be beneficial to us @ 6.Conversely Moses plays like a natural 7 as this kid has shown that he has the aptitude to be the complete footballer.

In contrast to brooks, Moses is definitely worth persevering with but not on any more money than he's currently on as neither player deserves or has earnt the right to be getting paid anywhere near 600k.

We certainly r currently in a delicate predicament as our top 17 r competitive although the inconsistency of our 6 (the 7 is consistently shit) is costing us.Ive no doubt that if we had a top draw organiser with a quality kicking game our mad Monday would occur later in September than the usual time @ the completion of round 26.

macnaz

Staff member
I suppose in relation to Brooks and Moses we should keep in mind that Thurston played 3 seasons with the dogs who was released because they didnt rate him , and the rest is history . There is still time for them to come good.

Tiger05

First Grade
I suppose in relation to Brooks and Moses we should keep in mind that Thurston played 3 seasons with the dogs who was released because they didnt rate him , and the rest is history . There is still time for them to come good.

I think that they can both still turn into gun players. It's far from a sure thing at this point though.

Very good point macnaz in relation to Thurston.

When Vunakece (the Leichhardt garbo) made his 1st grade debut this year at the Roosters, Robinson said something like, I have been watching him and could see something there. No one at West Tigers could see something there when he played in the NSW Cup for Ryde Eastwood and West Tigers. Same can be said about a Sam Moa.

Too many people in the press talk up the kids playing in the NYC which is funny when the scores are 38-36. Maybe a club like West Tigers needs to build a sister club relationship with a club in the Qld Cup, England or France where they can get these 'next big things' away from Sydney, the hype and pressure etc and let them develop their skills for a season then bring the 'home'.

YNWA Tigers

Juniors
Read somewhere this morning that JAC is out with a virus and Nofo has recovered from his injury and is back in.
Any truth to that?

Clifferd

Coach
Heard Nofo could be making a come back...at whose expense...

You'll never guess......

....Addo-Carr. Why him? Why not Milone? Carr showed way more promise in one game than Milones whole career. Jesus we are geniused

Clifferd

Coach
Didn't hear any word on the virus front, if that's true then fair enough.

Nofo in for Carr is doing rounds on the official tigers forum though