What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017/2018 Elite 1

Coastbloke

Bench
Ok, first up, apologies for being a techno dimwit lol, but I was looking for info on the upcoming season for Elite 1 and came across some stuff on Livescores.com. I tried but have no idea how to cut and paste link on my Android..

Anyway, it appears that the comp isn't starting till December this year. Can anyone confirm?

mike11

Juniors
Lezignan
In : Tualima (Pt Chevallier) , Blanke (West Panthers), Gregorius(Villefranche) , Bourrel, Albert (Both Carcassonne)

langpark

First Grade
I don't think they are aligning with NRL and SL, they delayed it purely because of the World Cup as far as I'm aware.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I don't think they are aligning with NRL and SL, they delayed it purely because of the World Cup as far as I'm aware.
They're trying to align somewhat with the British season, I also heard they're changing the cutoff dates for junior teams to match the British system (September-September rather than January-January). Think both things are necessary forward steps to be honest and should definitely at least benefit Catalans/Toulouse juniors and reserves who often ended up playing and training 12 months with no off-season, for several years in some cases.

langpark

First Grade
Ok fair enough, I just wonder if it's feasible given the potentially hot summers they get down in the south of France compared to the north of England.

Lord Derby Cup

Sans-titre-1.thumb.jpg.9c2262726a1dfa1ad3dd1bd5edf343f8.jpg