What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 All Stars

jim_57

Staff member
This concept needs a major re-think, the World All stars would have been an ok change if it didn't just turn out to be Australians with "heritage".

Maybe a double header with Aboriginal V Maori & Malanesia V Polynesia?

Not sure about the cultural relevance and how strongly Fijians, Samoans etc would recieve a "Malanesia" or " "Polynesia" All stars though honestly. Failing that just play another Pacific Doublr Header instead.

bobmar28

Bench
"Identify with family heritage" sums it up. Code for not really from those countries but the NRL will use it to make this shit look like a "world" team. The likes of Hayne and Trbojevic and Mbye all have Australian "heritage" too but no mention of that, just the "foreign" heritage mentioned. Either get some players in who are actually from other countries or stop calling it a world all stars team. The term "all stars" is already a massive stretch so there's actually nothing about that title that is relevant. Yet a development tool that made money for bush footy was scrapped.

All Stars is an appropriate term for the names I see on the list.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
LOL ECT making a thread about the All Stars game into a sook about country footy. I'm shocked

LOL ECT making a thread about the All Stars game into a sook about country footy. I'm shocked
I don't want to reply because you'll make up some reason to delete my posts like the last time i made you look like a gormless twat.

But if you don't see the relevance of comparing the "all stars" game with city-country and the relative attitude towards them you really are thick as shit. Or maybe just a butt hurt little pussy. For the most humourless, boring little forum cop who deletes posts that show you up, I'd reconsider using the word sook about anyone else.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Sam Lisone. Half of me says how did that underachiever get in a side called the 'All Stars' and the other half of me says 'oh well, at least if he gets injured it's no biggie'. May get a bigger head than he already has.

Really looking forward to pretending it's great league is back, then not watching this game.

Timmah

Staff member
But if you don't see the relevance of comparing the "all stars" game with city-country and the relative attitude towards them you really are thick as shit.
OK if you're insisting it's relevant and the country needs something, why don't we kill two birds with one stone and move All Stars to a country venue in NSW or QLD each year as a replacement for C v C?

OK if you're insisting it's relevant and the country needs something, why don't we kill two birds with one stone and move All Stars to a country venue in NSW or QLD each year as a replacement for C v C?
Yeah yeah, yet another "why don't we"...

"Why don't we play more premiership games in the bush"

"Why doesn't every club take one game to the country"

Blah blah blah.

Who is "we"? The governing body has no plans to do any of it and done nothing to suggest they will. They've just killed the game with nothing replacing it. So all the speculation and brain fart ideas on a forum mean nothing.

Timmah

Staff member
"The governing body has no plans to do any of it".

So you're high up in NRL and know all this for a fact? lol

Latest posts