What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Billythekid

First Grade
Thinking maybe around 12-13K at the tigers match. I feel like if you can see patches of grass here it's not a huge crowd.

Billythekid

First Grade
suns out
Suburban ground
People everywhere.
Looks awesome on tv
Shits on any empty stadium in the country.

The problem is that it's not always sunny. It only takes a hint of rain and crowds at stadiums like this fall to pieces. It also relies on being played on Sunday arvos.

I love the look of a packed suburban ground and I always choose to sit on a hill when there is an option. I also don't think we need to get rid of suburban grounds. That doesn't mean I'm not realistic about the drawbacks of stadiums like this.

Billythekid

First Grade
Tv pays for the game ya dumb merkin

People get turned off watching games in empty stadiums.

Since when are suburban grounds always full? If anything getting shit crowds at suburban grounds has become a staple of the NRL. Any bad weather and the crowds get ugly.

Your argument isn't a defence of suburban grounds anyway. If anything aami park is probably the best stadium in the country with a smallish crowd. Even a crowd as small as 12-13K looks good and has a great atmosphere.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Tv pays for the game ya dumb merkin

People get turned off watching games in empty stadiums.

so my plan would work then ?
whats the problem ?
lets tear out all the stands & just have hills

hills i hear are ... da bomb

Sydneysiders are a weird lot
well the RL fans in Sydney are anyway ...

carcharias

Immortal
Since when are suburban grounds always full? If anything getting shit crowds at suburban grounds has become a staple of the NRL. Any bad weather and the crowds get ugly.

Your argument isn't a defence of suburban grounds anyway. If anything aami park is probably the best stadium in the country with a smallish crowd. Even a crowd as small as 12-13K looks good and has a great atmosphere.

I said it's beats the shit out of any empty stadium in the country.

Not any fullish looking stadium .
I said empty...like 90% of NRL games on TV.

To be honest
Any average crowd in any stadium looks like nobody is there.

It's hardly making it look inviting .

carcharias

Immortal
so my plan would work then ?
whats the problem ?
lets tear out all the stands & just have hills

hills i hear are ... da bomb

Sydneysiders are a weird lot
well the RL fans in Sydney are anyway ...

So this crowd now looks worse than a crowd in ANZ with about 65 empty seats

Billythekid

First Grade
I said it's beats the shit out of any empty stadium in the country.

Not any fullish looking stadium .
I said empty...like 90% of NRL games on TV.

To be honest
Any average crowd in any stadium looks like nobody is there.

It's hardly making it look inviting .

Of course a full stadium looks better than an empty one. No one would ever disagree with that. That is in no way an argument in favour of suburban grounds.