What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Draw

Canard

Immortal
When the Fri 6pm schedule is announced, I can see this site crashing. And rightfully so.

I can't wait to see the spin News Ltd put on it after torrents of complaint "It was Toddys idea" "We didn't even want it"

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
When the Fri 6pm schedule is announced, I can see this site crashing. And rightfully so.

I can't wait to see the spin News Ltd put on it after torrents of complaint "It was Toddys idea" "We didn't even want it"
Moreover I can't wait for everyone to get on with life in 2017 and still watch and attend footy...

Valheru

Coach
Amateur hour again at the NRL. All and sundry knew the AFL draw was coming out last week, because it always comes out last week of October. In the intervening month since their GF they released titbits of the draw keeping interest up.

Meanwhile we have no clear date for a schedule release and not one single piece of information regarding the draw has been mentioned yet. Our players are back for pre-season training and no one knows where and when their first match will be. I can't think of any other professional competition in the world that does this. It is about as well organised as the shute shield draw.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Well without them, we have no comp Dave.

So we should just accept everything they do without complaint or question then ?
Seems to be a theme with you !
Without feedback , even if it's critical how will they know fans are dissatisfied & becoming disenfranchised.
It's their job to at least listen to the games fans
Because without them.
There is also no comp ...

Timmah

Staff member
Amateur hour again at the NRL. All and sundry knew the AFL draw was coming out last week, because it always comes out last week of October. In the intervening month since their GF they released titbits of the draw keeping interest up.

Meanwhile we have no clear date for a schedule release and not one single piece of information regarding the draw has been mentioned yet. Our players are back for pre-season training and no one knows where and when their first match will be. I can't think of any other professional competition in the world that does this. It is about as well organised as the shute shield draw.
"Not one piece of information regarding the draw has been mentioned yet."

As for "in the intervening month", they leaked info from the Sat/Sun prior, not the "intervening month".

We also have a post-season test and Four Nations to be focussed on, they have no post-season competition at all anymore, not even the Gaelic Football stuff.

Valheru

Coach
There were other bits of information released in the weeks prior.

I'm not on twitter so I didn't see that post and I haven't seen any article mentioning the 2017 draw yet.

We do have the 4 nations I agree but releasing some information on the draw would hardly overshadow it given the tournament isn't being played here. I don't see any reason why they can't have round 1 released, surely they know what that will look like.

Timmah

Staff member
So we should just accept everything they do without complaint or question then ?
Seems to be a theme with you !
Without feedback , even if it's critical how will they know fans are dissatisfied & becoming disenfranchised.
It's their job to at least listen to the games fans
Because without them.
There is also no comp ...
Wait on, you're telling me you can only hold two points of view:

1. Utter contempt and automatic gain-saying of everything the NRL say & do (or even don't say).
2. Accept everything without complaint or question.

Is that genuinely how you view the world? Two camps of people unable to meet minds and reason the other?

As Greenberg tweeted, the draw will be out in roughly the same timeframe as it was last year.

Personally I wish it was earlier but I also see they might be waiting for the post-season to be over - i.e. Four Nations etc.

Timmah

Staff member
There were other bits of information released in the weeks prior.

I'm not on twitter so I didn't see that post and I haven't seen any article mentioning the 2017 draw yet.

We do have the 4 nations I agree but releasing some information on the draw would hardly overshadow it given the tournament isn't being played here. I don't see any reason why they can't have round 1 released, surely they know what that will look like.
If you want to talk amateur hour - the AFL released Round 1 on the Sunday prior to the draw release... then were made to look like asshats on release day when the dates of three fixtures were changed.

As for "other bits of information released in the weeks prior" - the earliest leak was October 18 when it was confirmed Carlton-Richmond was the opener - nine days prior to the release.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Wait on, you're telling me you can only hold two points of view:

1. Utter contempt and automatic gain-saying of everything the NRL say & do (or even don't say).
2. Accept everything without complaint or question.

Is that genuinely how you view the world? Two camps of people unable to meet minds and reason the other?

As Greenberg tweeted, the draw will be out in roughly the same timeframe as it was last year.

Personally I wish it was earlier but I also see they might be waiting for the post-season to be over - i.e. Four Nations etc.

I'm not complaining about the timing of the release.
My gripe is with the 6pm Friday night timeslot , you replied to another post about that , simply saying we should just be mindless sheep , put up with it , & turn up to the footy anyway

Seriously ?
No

We should moan & complain like we never have before in an effort to get rid of it.
Because it's not in the best interests of the average fan to entertain a timeslot like that & our game needs to be listening to it's fans.
No one wants this time slot
No one
Our game can have both
The revenue & the fan & family friendly times for games just like the AFL.
We just need to stand up for ourselves.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm not complaining about the timing of the release.
My gripe is with the 6pm Friday night timeslot , you replied to another post about that , simply saying we should just be mindless sheep , put up with it , & turn up to the footy anyway

Seriously ?
No

We should moan & complain like we never have before in an effort to get rid of it.
Because it's not in the best interests of the average fan to entertain a timeslot like that & our game needs to be listening to it's fans.
No one wants this time slot
No one
Our game can have both
The revenue & the fan & family friendly times for games just like the AFL.
We just need to stand up for ourselves.
You actually misinterpreted what I said. While I have no doubt a group of NRL fans will complain about said timeslot - what I actually said was that we'll all get on with life and it will go on, despite such complaints. I didn't say we should all be mindless sheep.

That said I don't think we should all turn our back on it without it having even been tried yet either. It's worth a trial season at least. Hell we kept Monday night football for 10 years despite its general unpopularity...

Latest posts