1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2017 Prelim Final, Sat - Roosters 16-29 Cowboys @ Allianz

Discussion in 'Game Day Spoilers / Match Discussion' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Sep 16, 2017.

?

Finals Week 3: Roosters v Cowboys

Poll closed Sep 23, 2017.
  1. Sydney Roosters

47.6%
  2. North Queensland Cowboys

52.4%
  1. LeagueUnlimited News

LeagueUnlimited News Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

NRL 2017 - Finals Week 3
    Sydney Roosters v North Queensland Cowboys
    Allianz Stadium, Moore Park (TICKETS)
    Saturday 23 September 2017

Gates 2pm / NYC PF2 2:30pm (FOX) / NYC PF1 5pm (FOX) / NRL 7:40pm (Ch9/FOX)

[​IMG]

1. Michael Gordon 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Mitchell Aubusson 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Luke Keary 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Dylan Napa 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Isaac Liu
    Interchange: 14. Ryan Matterson 15. Sio Siua Taukeiaho 16. Zane Tetevano 17. Connor Watson 18. Kane Evans 19. Victor Radley 20. Joseph Manu 22. Mitchell Cornish

[​IMG]

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Michael Morgan 8. John Asiata 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
    Interchange: 14. Ben Hampton 15. Coen Hess 16. Corey Jensen 17. Shaun Fensom 18. Ray Thompson 19. Javid Bowen 20. Braeden Uele 21. Matthew Scott

[​IMG]

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Adam Gee
    Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Chris Sutton
    Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten

NYC -
    PF 1 - Eels v Panthers 5pm
    PF2 - Dragons v Sea Eagles 2:30pm

ISP GF - Wyong (Roosters) v Penrith at Leichhardt, Sunday 6:45pm

No Cowboys ISC feeder clubs qualified for the Grand Final.​

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2017
  2. some11

some11 Coach

Cows have the heart, Roosters have the derp.

Bring it on.

3. pantherz9103

pantherz9103 First Grade

Definitely cheering for the Cowboys, I fear the plastic club from Bondi might win though.

4. Smack

Smack Coach

Cows all day. I think the entire country (and half of Bondi) will be going for the cowboys.

This Year? likes this.
  5. Clifferd

Clifferd Coach

UP the cows

6. 9701

9701 First Grade

saddens me but have to cheer for the rorters, only NSW team left

adamkungl likes this.
  7. Tommy Smith

Tommy Smith Referee

Yep you can't get more plastic than being the only remaining foundation club in existence to have played every season since 1908!

Roosters to represent all the butthurt NSW fans with honour and make it to the GF.

8. Pugzley

Pugzley Guest

Roosters all the way. Cows and Broncos ended my dream final and only Victorians and weirdos support Melbourne.

Haffa likes this.
  9. Rhino_NQ

Rhino_NQ Immortal

Can't see why we can't win this one as well. I'm sure big game mitchell will provide a gifworthy moment

Smack and Danoz Direct like this.
  10. ed-grimley

ed-grimley Bench

NQ will win this. They are on a roll and Easts have been unconvincing.

11. TheFrog

TheFrog Coach

If the Cowpokes can produce an 80%+ completion rate and charge relentlessly up the middle like they did last night and last week, the Roosters will need to be something else to stop them. The Cows seem to have been gaining strength from all the travelling. I don't buy this banged up talk. They were banged up a month ago. They have two topliners out, and have covered them very well. Every team still in the running will have niggles. They picked up TMM who isn't quite Thurston but seems to be learning from the great man at a great rate. They are going to take some stopping.

Pity for them they haven't got a better goal kicker than Ethan Lowe. This might cost them in the really big games to come. No doubt the great man is lending a hand in this area as well.

12. Clifferd

Clifferd Coach

Cows have got this far why not go all the way. I give them a good chance in this one. I thought they were lucky against sharks But last night they proved it wasn't a fluke

13. pantherz9103

pantherz9103 First Grade

So pretentious they changed their name from Eastern Suburbs to Sydney, as if your club represents Sydney generally, LOL.

Any self respecting Penrith fan doesn't wish the Roosters any success after what they did to us in the 90's, and how they bitched about the '03 GF loss saying the result would have been different had it not rained. I haven't forgotten the likes of 'Rooster Cogburn' on this forum back in the day...

If the Roosters play the Broncos in the GF, I can't really say I would have a preference. I might not even watch it at all.

Cowboys all the way!

adamkungl and Tronald Crump like this.
  14. Valheru

Valheru Coach

Whatever the result this week my highlight of the season will still be the round 3 towelling we gave the pretender panthers, particularly that beautiful legal pass for the last try.

Tommy Smith likes this.
  15. pantherz9103

pantherz9103 First Grade

Makes me wonder how many convincing and non referee assisted wins the Rorters have had...

Tronald Crump likes this.
  16. Valheru

Valheru Coach

Very few convincing to be fair. 0 were referee assisted though as can be easily determined by us once again receiving the least amount of penalties in the comp and having the worst penalty differential despite being 8th best disciplined.

Tommy Smith likes this.
  17. Mulgoa Joe

Mulgoa Joe Juniors

The teams match up well and the Cows don't need to rely on the ref so much (unlike Penrith Manly Cronulla) to score points.
    Should be a great game.

My comment (and I'll make it a "NRL loves Roosters conspiracy" because that what we do here)
    Why dose the team who finished second (Roosters) get to play the team who came eighth (Cowboys)?
    While first (Storm) plays the team who finished 3rd(Broncos)?!
    Even if the eels won, forth would still play second meaning all advantage from been top seed is lost after week one.
    It make you realise that this afl system the NRL copied is [email protected] and pretty much shows the level of dumb that walks the halls of our major sporting codes.
    *I'm sure uncle nick has something to do with it...

18. roostersrule2

roostersrule2 Bench

We're about 2 classes above the cows

Easy win

Haffa, AlwaysGreen and Hawkins like this.
  19. Hawkins

Hawkins Juniors

I think Sydney will end the Cowboys run. But I still want to thank them for what they did to the sharks,

f**k Cronulla.

Sénior Slippyfist likes this.
  20. Tronald Crump

Tronald Crump Juniors

Fishing again Val.

Cows by a 1 point.