What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 34-6 Cowboys @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shorty

Staff member
It will all depend on Slater going around again, they're a much stronger side with Slater.
But I think people underrate Cronk even still, remember how Queensland was without him.

ed-grimley

Bench
With Cronk gone the Storm definitely won't be the machine they are now but barring injuries to Smith and Slater they're probably still good enough to win the big one again next year.
I don't agree. Some of the teams will be much improved next year and the Storm must overcome the back-to-back GF hoodoo.

axl rose

Bench
How Philips wasn't given the Clive Churchill medal that day was pathetic. Amazing performance in a beaten team. Pulled of a try saver on Brad Thorn as well. Not a fan of giving mom awards for a beaten player but I would've made an exception that day.

Ha i still hear Broncos fans whinging that Brad Mackay got it over Kevin Walters one year in a losing side. Imagine is Darren missed out you'd never hear the end of it.

carcharias

Immortal
I don't agree. Some of the teams will be much improved next year and the Storm must overcome the back-to-back GF hoodoo.
No way they make it 3 years in a row
Smith is due for an injury
Slater should be taking a very hard long look at Michael Ennis on how to go out on top.

GongPanther

Referee
Congrats to the Storm and all their fans.

Too good for us last night and the comp for the whole season, simply a level above everyone else.

My boys and fans should hold their heads high. When the ‘cowboys’ chant went up last night at the stadium I had goosebumps. To have that many NQ fans come down for this game, I don’t think it should be lost on the rugby league community just how much that team means to all of us that are from there or has claimed them as ‘our team’. We’ll cop shit for the one sided nature of that game but it’s water off a ducks back for mine.

The way the club has handled itself the last 3 years since Greeny has come onboard has been exactly the way we’ve all wanted our club run and act in the public eye. The days of blaming the refs and the conspiracy bullshit that followed a loss the previous coach was very happy to point out, are thankfully long gone.

Proud of my team.
Good for you Beave.No doubt your Cows will be trailblazing next season with JT and the big bloke back.

callmack1

Staff member
Well congrats to the Storm, 2017 Premiers. They've been the dominant team all season, a perfect season really, just a class above. I think we could all see it was there's to lose.

They were great again last night, at their best.

A great way to send Cronk and possibly Slater off. So well done to all of them.

Grand Finals are always a funny feeling. On the one hand it's awesome because it's a GF, that goes without saying but at the same time it's hard to watch as it's not Souths lol.

LESStar58

Referee
f**k that felt good.

Other than saying get better taste I'd say that this movie is being made by Denis Villneuve and essentially every movie he's made has ranged from good to incredible. .

He did Sicario didn't he? I LOVED that.

Blade Runner is the Bob Dylan of cinema!

Latest posts