What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 34-6 Cowboys @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beave

Coach
You're vellcome.And remember,atleast your team made it to the big dance.Second prize money will slightly soothe the hurting for the club.

The feeling this morning waking up at my mates place in sydney was rather surreal. The passionate NQ fan in me was devastated but extremely proud of the way this club has gone this year.

And the Rugby League fan in me just sat back and marvelled at the skill level of the Storm players as a collective group and appreciate the fact I have been privledged to see some amazing players of whom 2 will go down as the best in their positions in the modern game, if not of all time.

On my boys, f**k the excuses of injury but the simple ans harsh facts are that it effected what we could and couldn’t do on the field. We were down a front rower before the season began with Benny Hannant having to give it up due to his knee and our bench hooker Chudleigh with the same injury (i have no doubt he was the front runner for the bench hooker spot over Hampton) Throw in the injuries to the big 2, plus Coote, Granville, Winters all missing big chunks of the season, bench forwards Kaufusi, Hoare and Ben Spina all gone for the year very early on in the piece, I think at one point our first 16 players were out of the equation for Green to pick.

But the f**kers just would not lie down.

Even in those last 6 games they gave everything. Cooper, Feldt, Asiata, Bolton and O’neill were all clearly hampered by injuries but they trucked on and gave their all. Ethan Lowe had a fractured eye socket but decided to play in the GF with the injury kept a secret......an obvious secret mind you.

And Thats all we can ask for.

This club has taken the soft approach publicly at times and blamed everyone but themselves for losses. The club has changed their ways and that makes me chuffed as well. You make your own luck and last night they just couldn’t get anything going.

I dont care if fans of other teams love us or hates us, but I want them to respect us for the way we play and the way we conduct ourselves on and off the field.

You wont find a more proud region of their team than us NQers. Our team represents us and we represent them, collectively we all represent a region that absolutley adores our great game.

Cheers for a great season boys

3587E6C0-5935-4866-92BE-B9FA6812AA86_zps5wkb9xo5.jpg

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Cowboys will be back bigger and better next year. They should probably almost start favourites. Going to be another cracking season.

Hopefully the World Cup helps get me through the off season. It's a long wait for more NRL.

Shorty

Staff member
The book is actually quite good.

Just on the first try, what did people think? (I was at a GF party and socializing).
It's not fair to not reward that but that ref clearly impeded TMM.
I think I'd have shoved him out of the way but that's technically not acceptable either.

Sometimes refs seem genuinely clueless.

Saxon

Bench
Just on the first try, what did people think? (I was at a GF party and socializing).
I think I'd have shoved him out of the way but that's technically not acceptable either.

You're bit hard on the ref for that one. He was watching five or six people and trying to stay out of the way of all of them, and he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head. On the other hand TMM ran 10 metres in the same time the bloke in bright yellow moved a few feet and ran straight into him.
Unfortunate, but there you go.

carcharias

Immortal
The book is actually quite good.

Should've been called back.
A player was clearly impeded
Accidentally , but it still denied him a chance to tackle ado Carr.
I reckon he would've got him too.
Tough call but a try against the team impeded is massive.

gregstar

Referee
Should've been called back.
A player was clearly impeded
Accidentally , but it still denied him a chance to tackle ado Carr.
I reckon he would've got him too.
Tough call but a try against the team impeded is massive.
tough one.

i thought the defender was definitely impeded & that he had a 100% chance of attempting a tackle.

but there is no rule for this.

common sense would indicate a rule should be drafted. but the problem would be the bullsh*t act of players pretending to be impeded from then on.

i'm just glad that the try didn't have an impact on the result.

beave

Coach
tough one.

i thought the defender was definitely impeded & that he had a 100% chance of attempting a tackle.

but there is no rule for this.

common sense would indicate a rule should be drafted. but the problem would be the bullsh*t act of players pretending to be impeded from then on.

i'm just glad that the try didn't have an impact on the result.

There is a rule for this mate, someone posted it in here last night.

Knightmare

Coach
The feeling this morning waking up at my mates place in sydney was rather surreal. The passionate NQ fan in me was devastated but extremely proud of the way this club has gone this year.

And the Rugby League fan in me just sat back and had marvel at the skill level of the Storm players as a collective group and appreciate the fact I have been privledged to see some amazing players of whom 2 will go down as the best in their poisitions in the modern game if not of all time.

On my boys, f**k the excuses of injury but the simple ans harsh facts are that it effected what we could and couldn’t do on the field. We were down a front rower before the season began with Benny Hannant having to give it up due to his knee and our bench hooker Chudleigh with the same injury (i have no doubt he was the front runner for the bench hooker spot over Hampton) Throw in the injuries to the big 2, plus Coote, Granville, Winters all missing big chunks of the season, bench forwards Kaufusi, Hoare and Ben Spina all gone for the year very early on in the piece, I think at one point our first 16 players were out of the equation for Green to pick.

But the f**kers just would not lie down.

Even in those last 6 games they gave everything. Cooper, Feldt, Asiata, Bolton and O’neill were all clearly hampered by injuries but they trucked on and gave their all. Ethan Lowe had a fractured eye socket but decided to play in the GF with the injury kept a secret......an obvious secret mind you.

And Thats all we can ask for.

This club has taken the soft approach publicly at times and blamed everyone but themselves for losses. The club has changed their ways and that makes me chuffed as well. You make your own luck and last night they just couldn’t get anything going.

I dont care if fans of other teams love us or hates us, but I want them to respect us for the way we play and the way we conduct ourselves on and off the field.

You wont find a more proud region of their team than us NQers. Our team represents us and we represent them, collectively we all represent a region that absolutley adores our great game.

Cheers for a great season boys

3587E6C0-5935-4866-92BE-B9FA6812AA86_zps5wkb9xo5.jpg

How old is that flag, and did you make it yourself?

beave

Coach
How old is that flag, and did you make it yourself?

Nah mate, I can’t paint to save myself.

I found a lad that was good at airbrushing in Penrith in 1999 to make it for me, I can’t remember how much it cost me........It’s been on tv countless times in the early 2k’s when I went to games with mates.

Side note-
I got a mate to make me a huge flag (5m x4m) done in cowboys colours that i took to sydney games as well from about 01 onwards. I moved back home in 04 and took it to games for about 3 years before I hung it all up in the garage and decided to take a less active approach to my support. I was tempted to get tix in the supporters bay and take them to sydney for the GF but i read the rules up on flag entry and it stated nothing over 1.4m and decided against it.

There were a lot of purple and white flags over 1.4m last night, I’d like to know how they got them into the stadium.

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
I found a lad that was good at airbrushing in Penrith in 1999 to make it for me, I can’t remember how much it cost me........It’s been on tv countless times in the early 2k’s when I went to games with mates.

Side note-
I got a mate to make me a huge flag (5m x4m) done in cowboys colours that i took to sydney games as well from about 01 onwards. I moved back home in 04 and took it to games for about 3 years before I hung it all up in the garage and decided to take a less active approach to my support. I was tempted to get tix in the supporters bay and take them to sydney for the GF but i read the rules up on flag entry and it stated nothing over 1.4m and decided against it.

There were a lot of purple and white flags over 1.4m last night, I’d like to know how they got them into the stadium.

Afaik of you wanted to bring the larger flags you needed prior approval.

OVP

Coach
Cronk is gone but we still have smith and slater and a good squad around them. No doubt though in the next few years we're going to go through a big rebuild and we might struggle for a bit. Doesn't really change how i feel right now though.

Good, I hope you guys enjoy it, you deserved it. You were far superior to everyone else all year.

I'm only having a shot at the dickhead who felt the need to have a shot at the Sydney clubs for no reason at all.

some11

Referee
You know what the best bit about tonight was ? This will be the absolute last time your fake club will win anything at all for the next 20-30 years. The big three are no more, and those mediocre Sydney clubs who have more years of history than you've taken a shit, will more than likely share the next 20-30 premierships between them, as they always have. Enjoy your time in the sun, it will be very short.

How did I miss this.

Brandon Smith 2.0, Cooper Croft, Jahrome Hughes and one C.Bellamy still coaching

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
Good, I hope you guys enjoy it, you deserved it. You were far superior to everyone else all year.

I'm only having a shot at the dickhead who felt the need to have a shot at the Sydney clubs for no reason at all.

Some people never get the chip off their shoulder...

Reactions: OVP