What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Qual. Final vs Storm Sat. 9th Sept - Who is going?

84 Baby

Referee
I think people who reckon craft beer isn't "real beer" would start drinking a hell of a lot more of it.

Did you know that technically speaking, VB isn't beer?
Everyone knows that. It's the water that's sopped off the mcg from a Boxing Day rain delay

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If VB was $9 a schooner and Craft beer was $4.50 I wonder if it would change peoples views.
Im calling you out Gary. Swank
But it will never be that way you goon!

Craft beer uses way more different hops, malts, yeasts etc and then sometimes it is barrel aged, blended with other beers, infused with different flavours etc. This all takes time and more importantly costs money, particularly given the way the Australian and state government tax small brewers.

I think you have a lot to learn about this subject, 111.

First you erroneously suggested that all beers (in a spectrum of literally thousands of styles) taste the same. Now you are suggesting that it could be cheaper than commercially made beer.

Do you even know what craft beer is?

Incorrect

Coach
It's beer you have to accompany a certain type of cheese I believe...

kraft-cheddar-cheese-250g-4961.jpg

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
But it will never be that way you goon!

Craft beer uses way more different hops, malts, yeasts etc and then sometimes it is barrel aged, blended with other beers, infused with different flavours etc. This all takes time and more importantly costs money, particularly given the way the Australian and state government tax small brewers.

I think you have a lot to learn about this subject, 111.

First you erroneously suggested that all beers (in a spectrum of literally thousands of styles) taste the same. Now you are suggesting that it could be cheaper than commercially made beer.

I am not suggesting they taste the same. But they all do taste like f**king beer. Not like you would confuse it with a f**king can of soda pop.

Taste is subjective and so is price. Just cause something is cheaper doesnt mean it tastes worse. I am sure people like yourself have a taste for beer and its differences. But your average hipster sippn away at his craft beer. I reckon if you swapped the kegs people would continue to buy the $$ beer. Its marketing. I am not suggesting your a victim.

I like Hendricks gin. And with rum you can taste a big difference between the cheap stuff.

But nothing wrong with a can of VB. Top 5 beer in my household.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I am not suggesting they taste the same. But they all do taste like f**king beer. Not like you would confuse it with a f**king can of soda pop.

Taste is subjective and so is price. Just cause something is cheaper doesnt mean it tastes worse. I am sure people like yourself have a taste for beer and its differences. But your average hipster sippn away at his craft beer. I reckon if you swapped the kegs people would continue to buy the $$ beer. Its marketing. I am not suggesting your a victim.

I like Hendricks gin. And with rum you can taste a big difference between the cheap stuff.

But nothing wrong with a can of VB. Top 5 beer in my household.
All good mate.

*Sips Craft Beer

Noise

Coach
So anyone have any good recommendations on places to go out in Melbourne? I don't need craft beers and am staying right near Chapel St.

Latest posts