What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R1 - Cowboys 20-16* Raiders @ 1300SMILES

Round 1: Cowboys v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 1
North Queensland Cowboys v Canberra Raiders
1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville (TICKETS)
Saturday 4 March 2017

[Times AEDT] Gates 4:30pm | NYC 4:45pm | NRL 7:00pm

[Times AEST] Gates 3:30pm | NYC 3:45pm | NRL 6:00pm

NQL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Michael Morgan 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. Matthew Scott 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Ben Hampton 15. John Asiata 16. Coen Hess 17. Patrick Kaufusi 18. Sam Hoare 19. Gideon Gela-Mosby 20. Javid Bowen 21. Kalyn Ponga

CAN-17teamlist.jpg

1. Jack Wighton 2. Nick Cotric 3. Elliot Whitehead 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Blake Austin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Clay Priest 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Josh Papalii 12. Iosia Soliola 13. Luke Bateman
Interchange: 14. Adam Clydsdale 15. Dunamis Lui 16. Jeff Lima 17. Joseph Tapine 18. Scott Sorenson 19. Zac Santo 20. Makahesi Makatoa 21. Lachlan Croker

REF-RED-2017.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Chris Sutton
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Luke Patten

U20s Round 1
Cowboys v Raiders at 1300SMILES Stadium, Sat 3:45pm QLD

ISC QLD Round 1
Mackay Cutters (Cowboys) v Northern Pride (Cowboys) at BB Print Stadium Mackay, Sat 6:00pm QLD
Norths Devils (Broncos) v Townsville Blackhawks (Cowboys) at Bishop Park, Sun 3:30pm QLD

ISP NSW Round 1
Mounties (Raiders) v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (Bulldogs) at Aubrey Keech Reserve, Sat 3:00pm NSW​

Last edited by a moderator:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think we're going to leak too many points down our left edge with Croker out and now Lee gone. Our attack will suffer for the same reason so the Cowboys should just have to focus on containing BJ and Rapana.

Cowboys by 12.

moffla

Bench
For me this is the most exciting match up of the lot.
Golden point win to the Cows

GAZF

First Grade
We've been slow starters aside from last year, have a few injuries and suspensions, and usually are pretty gassed in warm weather (especially Townsville). We did well to overcome all of that in the opening rounds of last year but the Cowboys are a better opponent than the Roosters or Panthers were back then.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
You can say "just a trial" until you're blue in the face, but trials are there for if nothing else than for a coach to get some real ideas of what form certain players are in and the team in general. Copping a 44 zip scoreline from the Knights probably didn't make Sticky sleep any easier that night.

And he's got the Cows in the summer heat of the North to start the year. At least we'll know how the Raiders are gonna sail for the early season. Cows by 4 just because they're at home. It'll be a slog.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
You can say "just a trial" until you're blue in the face, but trials are there for if nothing else than for a coach to get some real ideas of what form certain players are in and the team in general.

Geez the Broncos must be f*cked then. At least we have the excuse that most our top 17 didn't play.

nick87

Coach
Cant see us winning this one given the conditions up there this time of year and the fact we'll be without Paulo, Croker and Taylor.
Hoping we can show the same sort of defensively resistance we did at the back end of last year, and if we lose a tight game keeping them under 4 tries, i'll be fine with that

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
If this was round 5, I'd be expecting this to be a carve up. NQLD by plenty. If Canberra get close or win, than they are in for a good season barring further injuries. Round 1 though, strange things happen.

TheFrog

Coach
The Raiders didn't look ready last week. This is a very tough assignment for them. Cows fairly comfortably I think.

Hard to tip against the Cows at home. Although this time of the year teams do take time to blow off the pre season rust.
Raiders a chance.

Latest posts